Help with Waders Storage

Thread: Help with Waders Storage

Default Help with Waders Storage

I was able to save up enough for a decent pair of waders recently but didn't think it through on how best to store the thing since I don't really have a garage or climate controlled storage. My wife is not willing to let me hang the thing in the laundry closet, or any closet in the house. Hahaha

Anyway, I do have a little storage closet connected to the house where the water heater is located with a little room for lawn care stuff, which is where I have my other fishing gear. But, it's not climate controlled so I'm concern the summer humidity might be bad for the waders? Also, worry about critters stowing themselves or chewing holes in them from the fishy smells.

Any recommendation on how to store the waders? I'm thinking of maybe find one of those hanging breathable garment bag for them, then hang it in the outdoor closet. What do you think? Anyone know of such a thing that will do? Or other tried and true storage option?

Thanks in advanced.
    when's a noob no longer a noob...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I let mine dry in the shower, then put them in my gear bag. Never had a problem.
    badankles likes this.

Red X angler

I think as long as you let them dry completely you'd be fine storing them in a gear bag or maybe a plastic tub. Putting them away wet is probably asking for trouble, or at least mildew.

My dad would hang his on the shower arm in a basement shower. Those things scared the bejeezus out of me more than once!
    badankles likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If you decide to hang them somewhere for storage, hang them upside down. It keeps debris and critters from making them home.
    badankles, and Chris52 like this.

AKA: Soilman

Thanks, guys. So no worries about storing them in the "shed" through the humid summer as long as they are dry.

Haha, @rmhpmi. I've actually scared myself that way during one of the overnight outings. I did just that, hung the waders on the shower bar then almost peed my shorts when I stumbled into it in the middle of the night.

Make sure they dry completely before storing away
    badankles likes this.

I would store in climate controlled folded before hanging in humid air. Breathable material does fine folded, neoprene does not.
    badankles likes this.

2015 Pathfinder 2200 TE, Yamaha VF200 SHO, Carolina Blue
    Jackson Coosa FD, Native Ultimate 14.5, CCA Member

Make sure you don't fold anywhere on the boots. They are the first to crack usually
    badankles likes this.

Thanks, all.

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements