Surf Surf Spanish setup

Thread: Surf Spanish setup

Default Surf Spanish setup

Looking for a rod/reel combo that doesnít break the bank. Iím aware that I need a pretty high speed reel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by awcrow91 View Post
    Looking for a rod/reel combo that doesnít break the bank. Iím aware that I need a pretty high speed reel.

Depends on what your bank is as saltwater rated reels arenít cheap. The Shimano Nasci is a very nice high speed reel for medium saltwater use. Itís $100 everywhere. Pair it with an All Star or Falcon 7í6Ē rod (check Academyís website) and for less than $200 you have a sweet setup. Doubles as a great inshore red and trout setup too. But always rinse the rod and reel after every trip no matter what you buy.

H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

What do you have available in your rod / reel arsenal now?
    Things to look at extra fast action rod, at least 7.6 or longer, 3000 to 4000 series reel spooled with 10 to 15# braid.
    Spanish are not normally a target species from the beach. More of an opportunity by catch.
    Better off targeting them from a pier. Then any rod & reel setup will work.
    Hope this helps ....... ICM

My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her .... or something like that.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

4000 -5000 shimano stradic and a 3/4-3 or 1-4 oz. 9-10' rod. Throw 1 1/2-2 oz. stingsilvers, glass minnows...ect. catches blues, spanish,and albies,
    NCStateFisher, and umswim like this.

A cheap option. Berkley Cherrywood 7' medium heavy fast rod will be about $25. Daiwa LT4000 reel will be $60-70, need to shop. Worked well throwing 1 oz Kastmasters for blues and spainish. I don't live on the coast and only surf fish maybe 1 week a year. Setup also ok on pier and river catfish.
    scott

Okuma Rockaway is a nice metal rod for the money, 9 or 10'er for slinging metal from the sand

Sorry for the late response. A lot of helpful responses and Iíll look at all the options suggested. Iím think 150$ or less probably. The rod/reel setup I have for bait is definitely too heavy to throw comfortably.

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements