Emerald Isle - Fishing the Sound

Thread: Emerald Isle - Fishing the Sound

Default Emerald Isle - Fishing the Sound

Hello Folks,

I will be meeting family from Raleigh in Emerald Isle for the last week of July and first week of August. First time for me to the isle. Feeling pretty good about surf fishing but I am really interested in wading the sound side. Our place is close to the NC Wildlife public boat ramp. Can anyone suggest a few places to wade the sound? I will have a cast net and will travel/fish with bait but prefer toss artificials from an ease perspective while on the move. My primary targets are reds and flounder but will be happy with anything that tugs on the line. I will have an assortment of spin and fly gear. Would also welcome some suggestions for good kid fishing spots other than Bogue Inlet Pier.

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Walking down the east side of the channel from the wildlife ramp and should be able to wade out and get to some of the oyster rocks for reds and founder. The pier on the west side will make it easy for kids fishing or throwing the cast net. If you have a kayak you can paddle to some of the local boat docks and use live finger mullet for flounder.

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements