Trolling Yo-zuri Deep diver

Thread: Trolling Yo-zuri Deep diver

Default Trolling Yo-zuri Deep diver

When trolling Yo-zuri deep divers for Spanish do you troll as fast with as you would with a Clarkspoon or slow down some. Just picked some up and would like to use them this summer.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

For Spanish in a kayak I'd go as fast as you can, and I'm assuming that's no more than 5 knots. I troll around 3.6 to 4.6 knots depending on conditions with my WaveRunner set in No Wake Mode(5 mph).

In a boat would it be normal to fish clark spoons and Deep Diving Cranks at the same time?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

In the ocean for bonito or macks, the faster the better 5 - 6 knots depending on swell, chop and the direction you're going (up or down swell). You'll get fewer bluefish at those speeds. The smaller DDs won't do much more than that without rolling out to the side. Sometimes you have to tune them by adjusting the tie in wire below the split ring left or right with a pair of pliers. Sometimes a plug that pulls perfectly will go out of tune after you catch a fish. Always look at how they are running before you drop them back. Lighter line helps a lot too. You can troll DDs and spoons at the same time, but you have to keep your speed down to 5-6 kts so the plugs will run correctly. I usually don't fish the DDs too far back--sometimes just behind the stern on flat line clips with other offerings further back.

They donít troll well at 5-6mph from my experience I will be trying them again and Iíll be slowing the troll down. Iíll report back what I find.

Usually 4-5mph for the deep divers is what I'll run. You can get a little more speed if you move up a size. With clark spoons, 7-9mph is the norm for me.

For DEEP DIVERS, No wire, no swivel, no snap swivel, no hardware ------
    just tie a loop knot to the eye of the Deep Diver - not the split ring.

Oh yeah , no heavy leader --- go with 20# fluorocarbon about 5/6 feet.....ICM

My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her .... or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ice cream man View Post
    For DEEP DIVERS, No wire, no swivel, no snap swivel, no hardware ------
    just tie a loop knot to the eye of the Deep Diver - not the split ring.

Oh yeah , no heavy leader --- go with 20# fluorocarbon about 5/6 feet.....ICM
    What he said. Sometimes I'll drop down to 15# FC for bonito and macks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayak Fisherman View Post
    In a boat would it be normal to fish clark spoons and Deep Diving Cranks at the same time?
    yea you use them at the same time. As fast as you can go man. The yak is slow.

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements