2 piece baitcaster recommendations

Thread: 2 piece baitcaster recommendations

Any suggestion on a decent priced 2 piece baitcasters rod or baitcaster combos? Looking for something not too expensive. Plus this will be my first baitcaster any tips will be much appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

There is only one good thing about a two piece rod, it will fit in the trunk of a car. Want a good rod go one piece medium light will be easier to cast. Look for a reel with centrifugal cast control. I like the quantum reels and favorite rods.

Google two piece baitcaster rods and you'll find a few. Here's one that might be of interest: https://www.tackledirect.com/shimano...ting-rods.html. It's 6'6" with medium action and two pieces.

I agree with Randy's recommendations above and also offer another possibility. I've had great luck with Lew's basic speedcaster. I think it's been replaced by a new reel, Speed Spool LFS Series. Lots of options for retrieval speed and $99 price.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thank you guys. very helpful.

No specific rod/reel suggestions but I'm positive it is better to cheap out on the rod than the reel.
    meenyt likes this.

Tight lines,
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Mountaineer View Post
    Google two piece baitcaster rods and you'll find a few. Here's one that might be of interest: https://www.tackledirect.com/shimano...ting-rods.html. It's 6'6" with medium action and two pieces.

I agree with Randy's recommendations above and also offer another possibility. I've had great luck with Lew's basic speedcaster. I think it's been replaced by a new reel, Speed Spool LFS Series. Lots of options for retrieval speed and $99 price.
    Lews LFS comes in lefty and odd hand retrieve :-) for 99 a great reel however go up a notch to the MBS series the centrifugal brakes will make using a bait caster more fun and less birds nests. Why do ya want a 2 piece? if ya wanted to try a left combo I have a diana combo is very nice and be willing to sell it great start try out bait caster like combo
    2019 LMB Total :406 largest 6.5#; Total over 4:56; lifetime largest 9.25
    2019 Crappie Total:50 biggest:2#

my 2 peice baitcaster reccomendations that I have put my hands on, but you have to order: St Croix MH Mojo bass two peice about $120, my favorite is a 2 peice 6' ML st croix premier baitcaster. super accurate and can cast small lures in tight places for smaller streams.This year I got a special christmas gift I can;t put down a 7' St. Croix xtreme 2 peice MH, they make a medium as well. I like them because I can keep them in the trunk as well. Also easy to carry around the bank without snagging and breaking getting in/out of the car or brush. Another rod my brother inlaw had and I really liked was a a 4 peice St. Croix triumph travel baitcaster 6'6" MH. St. Croix seems to be one of the few outside of basspro brands making them,

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements