Anywhere around Charlotte to target Carp on a fly?

Thread: Anywhere around Charlotte to target Carp on a fly?

Default Anywhere around Charlotte to target Carp on a fly?

Iíve never even attempted it. Not sure where to find them. Although I do believe I saw some tailing in one of the Ballantyne ponds one day.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

When I lived in Pennsylvania, I target the ponds at almost any business park. My equipment of choice was a 9' noodle rod with 4# fluorocarbon, a single egg hook and 1 or 2 kernels of corn. Lots of fun.

There are lots of smallish (4-8 lbs I'd guess) common carp in the bigger 'tawba trib creeks in and around town (think Sugar, McMullen, MacAlpine etc). I imagine that when the water stays low and clear in the summer you could probably make get a ton of shots in one of those creeks. HOA lakes and retention ponds are probably good bets too, especially if you don't mind trying for grassies as well as commons.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Probably just about anyway...but smaller ponds may be grass carp instead of common carp. Check out the website for carolinabonefishing.com..... Should be some good info on waters and tackle.
    Richard
    CarolinaMountainSports.com
    Statesville, NC 704 871-1444

Iím Thanks

I live in the middle of the city and canít stand not having some where to get a quick fish in between 5-8pm in the summer. Never had much luck at park rd park.

How about freedom park?

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements