Good luck charm on Mitchell

Thread: Good luck charm on Mitchell

Default Good luck charm on Mitchell

I took a new friend and fly fishing "newbie" up to Mitchell on Saturday. Figured the recent stocking would give us a chance to catch some fish. The trout did not disappoint. I caught my PB brook, then caught my PB brook again under a bridge after telling my buddy how I never had any luck fishing bridges.

Fat trout chow brookies that gave my 4WT a workout.

(sorry, I can't figure this out)

The highlight of our day (well, MY day anyway) came pretty late in the outing. I left my friend at the Donkey Bridge as he was having pretty good luck there. Waded in downstream from one of the many man-made "sluices" the Mitchell has and immediately started getting hits. I missed too many to count (could NOT get the hook set for some reason) and netted several feisty brookies eventually. I finally worked my way up to the head of the run and threw a Girdle Bug in a likely looking spot and BAM SOCKO POW hooked into MR BROWN for a long and very satisfying fight! A year ago I would have panicked and probably manged to break this big boy off but thankfully my knots held and I eventually got him to my too-small net. Even had a couple of onlookers willing to help with the grip-n-grin. 24" fish and I didn't think to measure girth. Had to weigh 7 or 8 pounds, maybe more, a new PB freshwater fish.

My buddy knows he will now have to fish with me every time. His MoJo is powerful....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	Donkey Brook May 2019.jpg‎
Views:	109
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	194323 Click image for larger version.

Name:	Piggy Brook May 2019.jpg‎
Views:	101
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	194325 Click image for larger version.

Name:	Mr Brown May 2019.jpg‎
Views:	104
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	194327

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Nice one, Rick. They don't come like that everyday!

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements