King/big Spanish cigar minnow rig

Thread: King/big Spanish cigar minnow rig

Default King/big Spanish cigar minnow rig

What are y'alls suggestions on using macahoos or wedgie and hooks for tying up cigar minnow rigs? All trebles or use front nose hook? Size? Thought I'd give these a try around AR 315.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bertboy90 View Post
    What are y'alls suggestions on using macahoos or wedgie and hooks for tying up cigar minnow rigs? All trebles or use front nose hook? Size? Thought I'd give these a try around AR 315.
    check out the NC section on thehulltruth.com

Its a lot more offshore based fishing site than here. Tons of helpful info on your topic there.

Check in with your local tackle store for the best intel. They know what's been selling best & where the fish are being caught........ICM

My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her .... or something like that.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Buy some pirate plugs and see how they are rigged. Then make your own rigs accordingly.
    "What we do in life, echoes in eternity." - Gladiator

Quote Originally Posted by bertboy90 View Post
    Hey what I like to use is a swivel (tsunami 35 -50lbs) small piece of wire (8-10 inch) add a duster, sea witch or anything sparkly then to a nose hook (Live Bait). then another small piece of wire to a #4 treble. I found if they are not rigged just right it will spin. To combat that I found some nose hooks with a small keel weight that stopped that problem. Has a nice sleek profile.

I have tried the pirate plugs and big nicks but just can seem to dial it in.

Then again sometimes i just pull pink deep diver plugs.

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements