Yozuri deep divers

Thread: Yozuri deep divers

Hybrid View

Default Yozuri deep divers

Got a question regarding Yozuri Deep Divers. I saw somewhere that removing the split ring and attaching leader directly to the lure helped ensure the lure would swim straight. I have been having some fun catching various species around the inshore reefs/beaches/shoals using these lures in various patterns and sizes lately with the split rings as purchased - not really having any issues with any of them wanting to swim off line. I typically only troll a two pole spread as I am usually fishing solo.

Any of you guys out there have any experience either way???? I know if it ain't broke don't fix it - but just wanted to see what the masses thought.

Thanks and tight lines.

I fish my Yozuri lures with the split ring...no problems.
    Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

I have had nothing but problems with mine. Iím going to try this Iíll report back Wednesday.

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have the same issue with 1 of mine. I've tried to adjust it and it will not swim straight. Will try removing the split ring and see if that helps.
    Birdman571 likes this.

I fish them off the split rings. Definitely avoid any kind of heavy snap or swivel. ICM posted on another thread that he ties a loop knot direct to the eye, not the split ring. For me, the main thing to remember with the smaller DDs is that your line size will have a significant impact on how they swim. I usually fish no more than 20# fluoro but will sometimes drop down to 15# or even 12#.

I have had the same problem saw on a fishing show, one guide said to bend the eye coming out of the lure straight (or adjust as needed when trolling) or if I had one run one way I would put it on the other side of spread in order to run out farther from the boat.

I have bent the eye and it does seem to work.

Try bending the eye. And also check your hooks.

Yep. Tuning them can be difficult, and there are some that just won't run right-- which sucks at the price you pay for a DD. A good quality jewelers pliers can help as the eye on a DD is small and hard to reach with standard needle nose. My buddy has a pool, and I "tank test" my DDs at the beginning of the season and tune them as best I can.
    Saltwater Republic likes this.