Carolina Beach this weekend

Thread: Carolina Beach this weekend

Default Carolina Beach this weekend

Headed to carolina beach this weekend, would appreciate any reports- I've only fished there with my boat one other time. I've got a 19' sea pro and I've fished the back side of Ft Fisher with some luck but that was later in the summer. Not targeting a specific species but like to catch reds, trout and flounder. Never taken this boat out of the CB inlet and probably won't unless it is like glass- that inlet looks pretty treacherous. The inlet down at Bald head island looks easy- any use in trolling for spanish just outside the inlet there?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You can try CB Inlet (inside, up against Masonboro Island) if the winds, tide allow. Otherwise, I'd go behind BHI and fish the creeks. You'll have better luck around there. I prefer feeder creeks & oysters. Mud minnows have been my best bait.

If you want to try along the beaches, Wrightsville isn't but a 7 - 10 mile ride from CB, it's also an 'easy' Inlet compared to CB. The beaches, WB-CB and OKI, have been producing Spanish and Kings and then a few Flounder off the bottom + metal jigs a few feet up over structure for Gray Trout (1 per day). Go early.

Watch the wind - the printed forecasts haven't exactly been reliable this week...

Thanks, looks like it might be windy this weekend

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements