Pamlico Trout

Thread: Pamlico Trout

Default Pamlico Trout

Made the trip down east today despite the forecast of strong winds. That ole itch needed scratching. We found sunny skies and steady winds 10+ all morning. It took some looking but we did finally find some trout. The good thing is we found plenty of keepers mixed in with the shorts. The water temp was 68 degrees and most of the fish were in around 3’ of water. A variety of soft plastics did the trick as we ended up landing 30+ trout with close to half being keepers 8 of which caught a ride to Rocky Mount Mmmmmm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	78E4E011-1469-43AB-9F55-488E5F4A4368.jpg‎ 
Views:	83 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	194481  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman66 View Post
    Made the trip down east today despite the forecast of strong winds. That ole itch needed scratching. We found sunny skies and steady winds 10+ all morning. It took some looking but we did finally find some trout. The good thing is we found plenty of keepers mixed in with the shorts. The water temp was 68 degrees and most of the fish were in around 3’ of water. A variety of soft plastics did the trick as we ended up landing 30+ trout with close to half being keepers 8 of which caught a ride to Rocky Mount Mmmmmm.
    What was average keeper size?

15 to 17” no gators but lots of fun and by far the best eaters.
    steven.brewster likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Were you at the lower end of the river—closer to the sound? I have been fishing the middle section between Bath and North Creek, and the water temps have been right at 77+ degrees. Just curious about the cooler water...
    Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

We were further east. I fished the Bath area Tuesday and saw water temps close to 79 in the creek.
    Chris52 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman66 View Post
    We were further east. I fished the Bath area Tuesday and saw water temps close to 79 in the creek.
    How did you do in the Bath area?

Quote Originally Posted by philjam View Post
    How did you do in the Bath area?
    I don’t know about Bowman, but it has been very slow for me the past 2 weeks. The trout have scattered, and the flounder have not moved in yet in good size or numbers. It has been dry for 2 weeks, with very little rain (and not much in the forecast for another week) so the water has finally cleared up. What fish I have caught have come on MR 17s in Mardis Gras or EC and 1/8 oz jigs with white Z-Man baits.
    philjam likes this.

Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

We caught around 15 or so trout all short an a few flounder
    philjam likes this.

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements