Hickory 5/16

Thread: Hickory 5/16

Default Hickory 5/16

Slow bite again. Catfish curse is alive and well. Number 5 this spring largest yet. It hit KVD square bill 1.5 chartreuse on my lightest medium fast rod. It was trying to jump like a bass. Too big for my net but got him with my fish grabber after massive line stripping runs. I tried to weigh it and my scales locked up at .6 lbs???

Scouted some new places and found a mass hatching of 2" minnows. Literally thousands everywhere. I tied on a small KVD swim bait and I was hooked up on the 2nd cast. Another bout of line stripping. The Revo X spinning reels really have a sweet drag so I got this on in the net. Too bad i could not weigh her.

Not many bites but 2 quality fish. I'm not complaining about the cats. I actually put a Revo on a medium heavy ugly stick and had no luck on the jerkbait the cats had been attacking.

I put in some time on the Nitro electronics and using the hot foot while working the trim, testing the best cruising speed that will save gas. I also worked my way up to the high end of 50 mph. I won't be running flat out unless running from a storm.
    Loving the Nitro more every time out.

Sorry I could not get the weights and I left the pack of swim baits on the boat.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Abert43 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Looks like fun, nicely done!
    Red X Angler
    There is always a way

Hey guys. Remember me from last year? I am from Turkey. Visiting NC this year again 10 days later. Gonna fish Hickory off my host family's dock as always. I am after cats and pan fish. How is it looking? Rained too much this spring?

I got a question too. Never tried night fishing. Wanna give a shot this year. I heard cats bite better night time, right? Do you think mosquitos will give me hard time while night fishing? Most places i fished in the USA at night, i couldn't stay for more than 30 minutes because of mosquitoes .

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

A thermacell is your friend at times like that. I would pick one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lastfling View Post
    A thermacell is your friend at times like that. I would pick one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You got that right. I was hunting a ground blind in Fl panhandle and it was solid skeeters come daylight. I set the thermacell in there and I've never seen them vacate a place so fast.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements