Saltwater in shore

Thread: Saltwater in shore

Default Saltwater in shore

Fly fishing in grass around southport and icw. Any tips?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Redfish have been rare to non-existent since at least Thursday, so don't get discouraged. I fly-fish that area on lunar tides, but I don't fish the waterway. Fished outside last weekend, didn't find anything to throw a fly at.

There are a lot of fish between Southport and the St. James Marina- lots of marsh, a few docks, a bridge, and, did I mention a lot of marsh. One of our fly fishing club members, a guy who can catch fish out of an empty bucket, said he could catch all the fish he needed to satisfy his primal urges as a hunter/gatherer between the Wildlife Ramp and the St. James Marina. As I noted, there is a lot of marsh, a few docks, a bridge, and, again, a lot of marsh. They don't always show themselves but there are some good fish in the marsh, in the Elizabeth River, in Beaverdam Creek, in Dutchman's Creek, and on the edges of the marsh. The waterfront in Southport isn't too shabby, either, though they don't allow fishing from the bulkhead, so you will need a boat or kayak. Hope this helps. The wind and the heat have been brutal down our way, though, so don't expect miracles. Tight lines
    badankles likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements