Hickory 5/19

Thread: Hickory 5/19

Default Hickory 5/19

As much as I hate the lake on weekends I went this morning. I misread sunrise and I should have been on the by 6 not 6:30.
    Slow go early except for a warmouth I got. I made a change on the fly so we could be in place for the major moon phase. We got 4 more bass and some were really solid for spotted bass. I lost a nice one when he brush wrapped me. Same thing happened to David. We got the Hell off the lake when the weekend warriors showed. What a horrible and dangerous to be on the weekends. Boaters should be required to have Coast Guard training and hold a boating license same as a car license.

Considering the circumstances we were happy to catch fish and get home alive.

Ned rig and burning crank baits worked well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Bleedingblue likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Geneinnc nice to have you here and follow how Hickory is doing. Any updates on catfish? By the way i fished Hickory like 6-7 times and the largest cat i got was a 3-4 pounder. What size cats can i expect from Hickory?
    geneinnc likes this.

Thanks for the report. I agree about weekend boat traffic, it's literally almost crazy some of the crap you see people doing. Nice job getting some fish and avoiding the googans.
    geneinnc likes this.

- Sam
    "Things are only impossible until they're not!"

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Default Hickory 5/19

Quote Originally Posted by Querorz View Post
    Geneinnc nice to have you here and follow how Hickory is doing. Any updates on catfish? By the way i fished Hickory like 6-7 times and the largest cat i got was a 3-4 pounder. What size cats can i expect from Hickory?
    Remember all of the cats I posted were on crankbaits, 10 lbs or so. One heckuva fight on bass gear, all in the main channel where they were chasing the shad spawn. I really dont know how people fish for them now. They used to destroy live shiners when striper drift fishing. I used to catch small ones on chicken li ers. Wish I could help.

The summer doldrums will soon take over so I might try catfishing this year. If you find something that works let me know.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Gene i've given up on hickory for now due the wave of idiots you mentioned. I spend my time on upper rhodhiss, much quieter there and cooler water temps.

Querorz,
    Use redworms fished on the bottom, and you will get all the sunfish, catfish, and white perch that you can stand. Throw it out as far as you can because the nicer ones will be deeper with this hot weather. Dusk and right after dark is the best fishing time.
    geneinnc likes this.

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements