Where have the fishing reports gone?

Thread: Where have the fishing reports gone?

Default Where have the fishing reports gone?

I watch the reports for entertainment only, I don't fish anymore. I know you're fishing, so where are you sharing your successes and failures? Thanks, Steve

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

From what i know it hast been a good spring for most people. lots of small trout and a few keepers. I havent really bothered because the reports ive been getting have not been good.

Fishing out of Carolina and Wrightsville has been ok for us this spring.
    The larger sheepshead moved in earlier than normal, tons of trout, yes the majority are small, but they do grow.

I have written off inshore flounder.....

The Spanish have cooperated nicely as well.

That said, I only get to fish occasionally.

~Michael

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I hear ya. I had a few places that used to publish great detailed reports, but within the last couple of years it seems like fishing reports have dried up.
    sschmidt likes this.

Fished Cape Lookout from Wednesday to Saturday. Camping. Caught many many Spanish and Blues and 4 flounder. Did not see any Cobia. All in all the fishing was pretty good for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	2019051695104256001002_1558390899983.jpg‎
Views:	133
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	194525
    sschmidt likes this.

Well I have been fishing the Neuse and Bay rivers this spring and have had trout-a-thon after trout-a-thon. Not many keepers but plenty of 30-60 fish days. I am going to start turning my attention to the Pamlico and Pungo now as we have warmer weather.

CB-Southport: The bite was pretty good for Trout earlier in the Spring then it slowed up the same time as the Blues showed thick. The bite has picked back up the last week or so - Reds and a few Trout & Flounder for me. Reds have been in slot and over. Mud minnows are getting it done for us.

Thanks to all for the posts and updates.
    Steve

I have been fishing Core Sound and Downeast inshore creeks and marshes. I have gotten the most bites with Sam Gitter buck tails tipped with shrimp. Lots of croaker, pinfish, hogfish with occasional nice 14-16" trout. I typically keep a small croaker and throw it out on a Carolina rig. Lots of shark hookups, a large cow ray, and an over slot old redfish. Good fishing if you dont mind all the small fish. Zero flounder and no other reds yet. I have thrown out a crab pot and picked up several stone and blue crabs. Still waiting for more consistancy on the larger keepers. It's been a good spring inshore.

Slow spring for me...the trout kept me busy with pretty good quality fish December through March up in the creeks, and then things have slowed down. I have since moved into the mid-Pamlico River and the past 4 trips I have caught a mix of spikes and 15-16 inch trout. MR17s still getting the job done better than jigs and Gulp or ZMan baits. No flounder or reds yet for me but I hope soon!
    Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

I went Bonefishing caught 2 small bones...... ICM

Name:	DSCN5201 (2).jpg‎
Views:	233
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	194581

My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her .... or something like that.

Flounder have evidently arrived...caught a 16 and 18 inch fish, along with 6 trout and a bluefish. Mid-Pamlico area is salt-ish...no rain in nearly a month. Released the trout but kept the flounder!

My baby brother with his personal best flounder:

Name:	E71773B1-1BB6-4631-8BBF-2C2C4AA333AE.jpg‎
Views:	204
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	194583 Click image for larger version.

Name:	37D34C4B-A178-4DBA-AF01-597E2A854A2A.jpg‎
Views:	202
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	194585
    blueoceaneyez, ecunupe, and FishStik like this.

Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

This site chased a lot of good fishermen away many months ago. Almost everyone that caught reliably and posted reports got tired of the abuse from a certain mod. Too bad.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    74adamsmith likes this.

16. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements