New Kayaker - Harris Lake

Thread: New Kayaker - Harris Lake

Default New Kayaker - Harris Lake

I finally bought a kayak (Vibe Yellowfin 100) in hopes of opening up my options while fishing. I mainly bank fish at Harris Lake. Has anyone any experience in some off the beaten path put in's around the lake? I bank fished near the Cass Holt Rd. bridge and down the creek and it looks like it'd be a great place if you can figure out how to get your kayak down there and out onto the lake.

I have yet to get my kayak out there so will probably do the normal launches first but I'm up for some hidden gems too if there are any. Thanks.
    Chris.G likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Angler Member
    Kayak Angler

Not many hidden "gems". Harris park right before the bridge opens at 8 and has some nice kayak launches. The southern ramp has a small beach for launching kayaks as well. I've seen people launch their kayaks from the bridge but I don't think it's an easy path down to the water so I've never tried.
    Training for retirement since 1983

I seem to remember some people putting in at Buckhorn Creek off of Cass Holt Rd. Think they had to cross a few fallen trees to access the lake.
    2015 Pathfinder 2200 TE, Yamaha VF200 SHO, Carolina Blue
    Jackson Coosa FD, Native Ultimate 14.5, CCA Member

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

When I fish Harris I have always launched from the park on New Hill Holleman. Their hours preclude fishing very early, but they close after sundown and I have never had an issue getting out in time. Had wonderful luck there last fall/early winter but no luck since.

If you’re looking for some additional launch sites there are non-fishing groups/people that post those. I had found a few, but the only one that I bookmarked which covers Harris was:
    http://thehemps.com/

There are also birders that post their launches. This is for Jordan, but including it as an example:
    http://tbg.carolinanature.com/jlcanoe.html
    NCTribute likes this.

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements