Inshore Looking for suggestions for kayaking near Stacy, NC

Thread: Looking for suggestions for kayaking near Stacy, NC

Default Looking for suggestions for kayaking near Stacy, NC

Going to stay at a buddy's beach house week of July 4th in Stacy, NC

Hoping someone will be willing to share a few places I should try to fish. Looks like I will be between Oyster Creek and Salter Creek ramps.... I would love suggestions

You can send me private messages if you don't wish to share with the world.

Thanks for anything you are willing to share.... and if anyone wants to get out with me, that would be good.
    After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Len...I have not been that way in quite a while, so have no direct or recent personal knowledge, but I think the Oyster Creek ramp area might give you several good options. That is pretty protected water if the wind gets up, and you could even fish under the bridge in a hot blistering sun. You are just off Core Sound, so you will have a good variety of game fish.

One resource you might want to check out is at downeastkayaks.com. They are located about 9-10 miles from Oyster Creek—in the little town of Straits, which is near Harkers Island and Otway. On their website, in the ‘Welcome’ menu box, they have a ‘kayak trails map’ that might help you figure out what you want to do while there. A phone call might get you more specific fishing info.

I hope this in some way will be useful information...you have got the better part of 4-5 weeks to figure something out, and maybe this will help get you started. I hope you get some other input from folks who have been there more recently than me.
    biglenr, and finstalker like this.

Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

Thank you... a place to start.
    Chris52 likes this.

After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Also you can check out Cedar Island Bay, Driftwood Dr putin; Thorofare Bay bridge, ramp under bridge; Smyrna Creek/Jarett Bay, putin on Northside of bridge North River off of 70, Wards Creek off of 70. Lots of great marsh and open water all over. Check out Google maps and see what looks fishy. Get out very early and you should catch trout, flounder and/or reds.

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements