Sounds Public fishing for people with no boat to wade or fish from bank from wrightsville to carolina beach?

Thread: Public fishing for people with no boat to wade or fish from bank from wrightsville to carolina beach?

Default Public fishing for people with no boat to wade or fish from bank from wrightsville to carolina beach?

Trying to determine inshore places from fort fisher to Wrightsville beach area that can be fished by folks that don't have a boat or mabey just a kayak. Please feel free to post a spot here as well. Please make sure it really is public, that is it is open to anyone to use without seeking permission.
    Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Kayak -> Fort Fisher Basin - ride the tide/wind. River Road Park launch and fish the docks & banks in either direction.
    Foot -> Fort Fisher Basin if you walk the rock wall (be very careful!). Time the tide. Carolina Beach State Park - time the tide if fishing on the Snows Cut side - take LOTS of spare tackle.
    badankles, and paulnc like this.

I appreciate your reply- stupid question but on the river road ramp is the considered brackish water. What species do you encounter fishing the docks

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yes, its brackish. You'd still be targeting Flounder, Trout, Redfish, Black Drum.

Quote Originally Posted by blueoceaneyez View Post
    Kayak -> Fort Fisher Basin - ride the tide/wind. River Road Park launch and fish the docks & banks in either direction.
    Foot -> Fort Fisher Basin if you walk the rock wall (be very careful!). Time the tide. Carolina Beach State Park - time the tide if fishing on the Snows Cut side - take LOTS of spare tackle.
    Thanks for the info but just want to confirm about the rock wall at Ft. Fisher. I thought I heard they have close that off due to too many people getting stranded.
    when's a noob no longer a noob...

Default tide

Quote Originally Posted by blueoceaneyez View Post
    When you say ride the tide do you start on a falling tide and then return with the incoming tide?

Quote Originally Posted by badankles View Post
    Thanks for the info but just want to confirm about the rock wall at Ft. Fisher. I thought I heard they have close that off due to too many people getting stranded.
    They have signs posted on the Wall but people don't pay them much attention.
    badankles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by paulnc View Post
    When you say ride the tide do you start on a falling tide and then return with the incoming tide?
    I do (I have a paddle yak not the foot pedals so I look for easiness, I also go pretty far back there). Ride the tide works out when the winds are lighter. If the wind is out of the N or NE > 12+ you'll have to work a little harder to get back across the Basin. If the wind is SW when you leave you'll work harder getting across the Basin to the creeks but your return home will be easy with the wind pushing you.

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements