Ficht outboards Worth the risk?

Thread: Ficht outboards Worth the risk?

Default Ficht outboards Worth the risk?

Been on and off looking for a larger v-hull and seem to have found a boat that could fit the bill.(boat is priced almost good enough i would consider repowering without even trying to get this motor right, but im cheap and like getting deals.) it has a 1999 evinrude 150 ficht motor. The guy said it had started spitting and sputtering last time he used and he hasnt used it since due to an injury roughly a year ago. im fairly handy on motors so if it has good compression im thinking it is probably something simple. but ive been reading on the ficht motors and everyone seems to have third hand horror stories, but alot of people that had the motor seemed to like them.

Anyone had one or would take a risk with getting a boat with one on it?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Heard those 150 size Ficht motors were junk, afterall, that was the blow that sunk OMC. I have fished a lot at a lot of different places with people from a lot of different places... Believe I have only seen 1 ficht 150. You do mention you would be almost willing to repower if needed... in that case what do you have to lose? It could be a flawless motor for a year, 2 years or forever. If not you say a repower would almost be worth it.
    loganwayne likes this.

Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilslure View Post
    Heard those 150 size Ficht motors were junk, afterall, that was the blow that sunk OMC. I have fished a lot at a lot of different places with people from a lot of different places... Believe I have only seen 1 ficht 150. You do mention you would be almost willing to repower if needed... in that case what do you have to lose? It could be a flawless motor for a year, 2 years or forever. If not you say a repower would almost be worth it.
    Im still trying to work a deal on the boat but made a deal with a buddy for a fast strike 150 if I end up with the boat so may end up swapping it before trying to make it run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements