NC Angler Forums banner

Artificial bait question

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  damarshall7 
#1 ·
Good evening saltwater gurus. I only get to fish saltwater a couple of times a year, I’m going to order some down south lures and Zman shrimp. My question is when we go to Atlantic Beach/EI during the summer the surf is usually dirty, what colors seem to do best in those conditions? Thanks in advance

#6 ·
That is an understatement abou zman imo.. in oriental Two weeks ago I caught 22 trout 3 slot puppy drum a flounder and the rare and elusive bluefish on one zman swimming trout trick in fried chicken color. Hands down toughest bait I ever seen. Even then the bait was still useable but wouldn’t stay on the jig head cause the center was wallowed out
Edit to add something in a light color and another in dark color usually will get u in the ballpark. I personnally use something with chartreuse 90% of the time.

#9 ·
Even then the bait was still useable but wouldn’t stay on the jig head cause the center was wallowed out

Caught trout on worm with boogered-up head by wacky rigging (hook in center of worm.) Just slow jigged it up and down. Even caught a trout dead sticking this way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.