Anyone wanna fish this weekend? cedar cliff

Thread: Anyone wanna fish this weekend? cedar cliff

Default Anyone wanna fish this weekend? cedar cliff

Im coming up Fri afternoon and thinking of trying cedar cliff or wolf creek saturday afternoon/ dark or sunday morning first thing. I'll be in a center console. I have a decent trolling setup with 2 downrigger and pull up to 8 lines. What i dont have is a lot of experience. I usually do trout but im thinking this weekend trying for a first ever walleye. I like to think im ok company. I like my marlboro lights and i may have a beer but never more than a couple. Hit me if interested

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

wolf creek is probably your better bet out of the two for walleye. Bear is also back open now, from some friends in the area. Glenville is the only lake in that chain that is still stocked with walleye. i pulled cranks and crawler harness from about 9-12 one night two weeks ago with out a hit on cedar cliff. i limited out on trout in about 2 hours before i switched to cranks trying to find walleye.

Thanks for the info. Any tips on night fishing, under the green light? I have a weekend spot between wolf and bear. I love being on water at night

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully so View Post
    Thanks for the info. Any tips on night fishing, under the green light? I have a weekend spot between wolf and bear. I love being on water at night
    Nope havenít fished for walleye under light in about 10 years. Iíll be on Fontana fishing for white bass under the lights probably Friday night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man im from santee cooper,we aint seen white bass in 25 years. The next time im able to fish with mr Ronnie i hope to hit and learn a little about fontana ( i hear it's awesome). Good luck!!

Did you have any luck?

No sir. No one took up my offer up there and my buddy from down here got shut down by his ol lady so i decided to hold off until the 29th and stay through the 3rd or 4th. The trip was to measure water lines and layout an outhouse on the property but without a fishing trip on go it wasnt wirth riding to be alone all weekend. How'd fontana do?

Bought my 11 yr old a garmin stryker 4 for his bday sunday to go on his kayak. First thing he said, im gonna paddle out to the hump with all the bottom marks and drop bait right on top their head. He prolly gonna catch a walleye before i will.

Heres a couple pics from memorial weekend at wolf. Trolled that Sat am and kayak fished the pm. Both caught our limits 7 ea saturday and let mom catch a few on sunday trolling until it warmed up enough to swim.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.†

Name:	20190525_200828_1560818272736.jpg‎†
Views:	24†
Size:	28.7 KB†
ID:	194839Click image for larger version.†

Name:	20190525_162922_1560818296178.jpg‎†
Views:	23†
Size:	27.1 KB†
ID:	194841Click image for larger version.†

Name:	20190525_200741_1560818316898.jpg‎†
Views:	28†
Size:	25.6 KB†
ID:	194843

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully so View Post
    No sir. No one took up my offer up there and my buddy from down here got shut down by his ol lady so i decided to hold off until the 29th and stay through the 3rd or 4th. The trip was to measure water lines and layout an outhouse on the property but without a fishing trip on go it wasnt wirth riding to be alone all weekend. How'd fontana do?
    We ended up going fly fishing Friday till dark since my buddy came over from Tennessee and thatís what he wanted to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements