Hickory Fathers Day.

Thread: Hickory Fathers Day.

Default Hickory Fathers Day.

I went to the lake this morning. Worked on the boat, tackle, put the Lowrance graphs back on, netted a 1lb crappie for my dock buddy Dick, topped off the oil and put $60 of ethanol free gas and Ringfree in the boat. I saw a boat on fishing 127 bridge so I hit the sunscreen and eased out on the water. I put a new rubber bushing on the Motor Guide and wanted to test it out. I grabbed a chartreuse crankbait and caught 2 bass in 30 minutes.
    Water is still red mud and trash. How I caught fish is a mystery. Water temp dropped from 83 to 74 with all the rain so fishing should be good in a few days. It's like a jungle with all the humidity coming from the flooded and nasty banks.

Weekend warriors were filtering in. Hope no one gets hurt with all the submerged trash.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    SurfRider, and Trout_Guide like this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks for update Gene! I was thinking about heading that way for perch but with the water still muddy and red i'll give it a few more days.

I graphed tons of perch. Thermocline is huge and the perch were hanging close to it. End of the week should be good with the low water temps.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Good to hear that the perch are starting to condense into their massive summertime schools. This time of year there's thousands of them in one school in certain areas...

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements