Santeetlah trout tournament

Thread: Santeetlah trout tournament

Default Santeetlah trout tournament

June 29th see you there
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	60BAEA07-84C2-4D53-80F5-6F94FDDCBD2D_1560820980092.jpg‎
Views:	49
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	194845

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

How many boats have you been having show up?
    And is there a limit of people on the boat? My buddy i crappie fish tournaments with May come up and if his wife and mine decide to get up we would have 4 on the boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can have four, or more, in the boat. The entry fee is for the boat. You can enter the three largest Trout that your combined crew can catch. Scott can tell you how many have entered. I think that it's been less than 10 boats, mostly...
    loganwayne likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Troutgirl View Post
    You can have four, or more, in the boat. The entry fee is for the boat. You can enter the three largest Trout that your combined crew can catch. Scott can tell you how many have entered. I think that it's been less than 10 boats, mostly...
    We had already planned to be out there that weekend I may try to enter, although I just recently started trolling for trout, maybe I can learn something AFTER the tournament

Quote Originally Posted by loganwayne View Post
    We had already planned to be out there that weekend I may try to enter, although I just recently started trolling for trout, maybe I can learn something AFTER the tournament

If you can troll spoons and plugs in the 30-40 foot range, you have a chance. I fished Santeetlah this past Monday afternoon. We caught 5 Bass and 4 Rainbows before the storm sent us home early. It poured!

Name:	SANTEETLAH LAKE 17 June 2019 Rainbows 006.jpg‎
Views:	131
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	194851 Click image for larger version.

Name:	SANTEETLAH LAKE 17 June 2019 Rainbows 008.jpg‎
Views:	130
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	194853 Click image for larger version.

Name:	SANTEETLAH LAKE 17 June 2019 Rainbows 011.jpg‎
Views:	136
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	194855 Click image for larger version.

Name:	SANTEETLAH LAKE 17 June 2019 Rainbows 013.jpg‎
Views:	134
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	194857 Click image for larger version.

Name:	SANTEETLAH LAKE 17 June 2019 Rainbows 017.jpg‎
Views:	131
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	194859

I have looked around for a schedule and haven't found one. Are there going to be any tourneys through rest of july and August. I would love to check it out and meet some new people

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully so View Post
    I have looked around for a schedule and haven't found one. Are there going to be any tourneys through rest of july and August. I would love to check it out and meet some new people
    tennesseeanglers.com Forum....go over there and pick the Trout & Salmon Forum. There's more activity over there about these tourneys. There's two threads, one that covers all the tourneys and another for the Santeetlah one. I'd put a link but I always do something wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully so View Post
    July's tourney is tentatively set for Nantahala Lake. I think that some folks might be pushing to change it to South Holston Lake...??? Nantahala is a small lake and is thick with tourists in July. I went Kokanee fishing there 3 years ago and at 10:30 a.m the first pleasure boats started coming out. An hour later it was a zoo. Whilst I was trying to troll into the Nantahala River arm to escape it all, a big powerboat almost hit me. I grabbed my dog and I was ready to jump overboard with her if need be. The lady driving so very recklessly came within about 10 feet of my boat and washed some water over the side of my smallish boat.
    This was on a weekday, not a Saturday like the tourneys are. It was my impression that every July day was like a Saturday or Sunday is most places....

August is the return to Watauga Lake which everybody is looking forward to, myself included. There's a lot of big fish in Watauga! They usually bite good, but deep, come August. It could easily take 15-25 pounds to win it. There's big Lakers in there. There's big Rainbows in there too. I caught my personal best one in there, 26" 6.41 pounds. I lost one two years ago that was easily twice as big. Browns are showing up occasionally these days but it's mostly Lakers and 'Bows. The two pictures are my best fish from Watauga, my big Rainbow and my largest Laker, 28" 8.1 pounds...

I wouldn't be surprised if maybe an extra tourney might get scheduled for Autumn...? We'll see...?

Name:	WATAUGA  26 July 2017 6+ pound Rainbow and  7.5 LAKER 015.JPG‎
Views:	85
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	194909 Click image for larger version.

Name:	WATAUGA lAKE, 8 POUND LAKER 021.JPG‎
Views:	84
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	194913
    bfishy, and Fishscalz like this.

Boats loaded up and camping gear is packed. Best friend and his wife are on their way here now. Me and him will be leaving out early tomorrow to go set up camp and fish tomorrow and the ladies will be out sometime tomorrow afternoon/night. Not convinced we will get them up to fish all Saturday maybe they will wanna get on the boat sometime mid morning. Either way me and my buddy are ready to try a different kind of fishing tournament and relax on the lake.

Overall a tough bite but thanks to the four boats that toughed it out. Everybody got on some fish. 2lbs was the biggest bow. Almost 4 lbs took first place. One boat put two nice walleyes in the box to boot.

Name:	9FB3D785-6B1B-4DE7-82E5-F1F40D10F35B_1562109514792.jpg‎
Views:	20
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	194983 Click image for larger version.

Name:	1FF2F9F6-F8D0-41F9-BDDA-8AAA5B64DB9D_1562109543339.jpeg‎
Views:	22
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	194985 Click image for larger version.

Name:	FDAB8488-C702-4FF4-A526-A510003A1C83_1562109701635.jpg‎
Views:	22
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	194987
    FISHER87, and hellomcfly2 like this.

Here's a picture of the early morn.....and one of the Smallmouth Bass we caught.....and a plump little Brown that helped my brother and I secure 2nd place. It was a tough day to fish. The fish were not concentrated in the lower lake like they usually are this time of year or maybe they heard about the tourney and took cover...?

Name:	SANTEETLAH LAKE Tourney 29 June 2019 2nd place finish 002.jpg‎
Views:	66
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	195001 Click image for larger version.

Name:	SANTEETLAH LAKE Tourney 29 June 2019 2nd place finish 006.jpg‎
Views:	67
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	195003 Click image for larger version.

Name:	SANTEETLAH LAKE Tourney 29 June 2019 2nd place finish 012.jpg‎
Views:	70
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	195005

What was that brown stuffed full of? Looks like he ate your downrigger ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexagenia View Post
    What was that brown stuffed full of? Looks like he ate your downrigger ball.

My brother cleaned it and he doesn't remember. It was a plump one! He fell for a hoochie behind a Slingblade flasher.
    Fishscalz likes this.

How deep was the Smallmouth?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishscalz View Post
    How deep was the Smallmouth?
    It was about 35-40 feet. It was caught on a leadcore with 6-7 colors out. We caught 2 Trout and 2 Smallmouths at that depth. On my previous trip, I put out a different leadcore outfit that has a "balloon" of 4 colors of 12 pound leadcore. It should of been running at about 25 feet. I wanted to see if Trout would come up that shallow. They didn't. We caught 3 Smallmouths and a Largemouth on a hoochie running that depth.
    Fishscalz likes this.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements