Interesting article on a fishing fraud

Thread: Interesting article on a fishing fraud

Default Interesting article on a fishing fraud

Saw this on another forum. Not sure if he is well known in NC, I only knew of him vaguely. You are free to draw your own conclusions but it is pretty damning evidence that this guy was a liar and a fraud. Long article but worth the read.

https://sdfish.com/general/dark-secr...uru-mike-long/

Tight lines,
    Andrew

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Angler Member
    Kayak Angler

Amazing what lengths people will go to to scam. The actual video of him snagging bedding bass on those lakes makes me kind of sick to the stomach.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Good read, thanks

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The southern California Bass fishing community is tightly knit, and very competitive.
    The amazing thing is that he managed to get by with this as long as he did.
    The other odd thing is that it's all but impossible that he caught some of the lake records, they are still honored as if they were legitimate. Kind of corrupts the sport of fishing for giant Bass on multiple levels.

Great article. Has happened in this area several times. I was in at least one event years ago at lake Norman and witnessed the two cheaters weigh in almost 40 pounds between their 10 fish. Now this was back in the day when the normal keeper there was about a pound and a half. We all knew those fish came from somewhere else, probably Wiley. But no one had any proof. Made me sick to stand there and listen as those guys were on the stand thanking God for their great day. They were eventually caught, but don't remember how. I haven't seen their names come up anywhere. I can only hope their boats were burned and their fishing licenses were revoked. I will never win any bass tournament if I have to cheat. The money will be gone soon enough, and I will have to look at myself in the mirror and know that I had to cheat to win. I want to know that I earned the hardware, if it ever happens. Hope the guy in the article never gets to fish again.

I read that a couple days ago. The guy is a complete fraud and a nut case too. I used to fish a lot of those same lakes when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton. I hope that footage results in some charges, but it probably won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishscalz View Post
    The southern California Bass fishing community is tightly knit, and very competitive.
    The amazing thing is that he managed to get by with this as long as he did.
    The other odd thing is that it's all but impossible that he caught some of the lake records, they are still honored as if they were legitimate. Kind of corrupts the sport of fishing for giant Bass on multiple levels.
    yes I agree, one would think, given his known history, any and all records he holds would be removed and the next place records would be recognized.

Google Ronnie Kittredge if you want read about something closer to home.
    2015 Pathfinder 2200 TE, Yamaha VF200 SHO, Carolina Blue
    Jackson Coosa FD, Native Ultimate 14.5, CCA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedingblue View Post
    Saw this on another forum. Not sure if he is well known in NC, I only knew of him vaguely. You are free to draw your own conclusions but it is pretty damning evidence that this guy was a liar and a fraud. Long article but worth the read.

https://sdfish.com/general/dark-secr...uru-mike-long/
    That article got posted down here too, Andrew... I read the whole thing, it was fascinatingly depressing. I remember reading about Mike Long back in my earlier days. Just amazing what lengths people will go to. In fact, the degree to which tournament renown and money has led people to abandon 'old-fashioned' principles like integrity, respect, and courtesy is exactly why I have become turned off to tournament fishing as a whole. Small club tournaments where you know the anglers and everyone acts like human beings can be fun, but it's gone so far beyond that I have increasing disdain for it anymore.

Good read, though!
    jerry condrey, and meenyt like this.

- Sam
    "Things are only impossible until they're not!"

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements