looking for a surf fishing lesson

Thread: looking for a surf fishing lesson

Default looking for a surf fishing lesson

I am looking for someone I can contact to get one on one surf fishing lesson or lessons for myself. I'm looking for someone in the Duck to Nags Head area of the OBX. I live in VA and have a house in Grandy and am willing to take leave from work and come down during the week. Anyone with the name of an instructor that is willing to pass their contact info on to me, I would be very grateful.

Jay

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Search YouTube.

Ask Ryan White (owner) at Hatteras Jacks Tackle.
    He's an expert, he will set you up with the right rod/reel.
    Teach you how to cast, tie rigs & when to use them...... ICM

All tackle shop in Hatteras have great staffs that can cut down your learning curve.
    Fishscalz likes this.

My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her .... or something like that.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm still trying to learn surf fishing myself. Check out TW's in Kitty Hawk or the Nags Head location....or check out Ocean East on the causeway(old Whalebone Tackle building)before making that 1.5 hrs south drive...TWs also has a daily fishing report posted on Facebook or their web site

Other than that all I can tell you is that the beaches from Corolla to SNH are slammed packed. If you want to surf fish between now and labor day, you're going to have to do the early mornings or late afternoon to evening. Other option is to drive to the very last beach access in SNH, Coquina Beach or find a spot on Hatteras Island (between the towns)

Ive learned alot from YouTube. look for 1fish2fish they are out of VB and frequent the OBX alot.

Albemarle Fishing Charters 252-333-6524

Quote Originally Posted by ice cream man View Post
    Ask Ryan White (owner) at Hatteras Jacks Tackle.
    He's an expert, he will set you up with the right rod/reel.
    Teach you how to cast, tie rigs & when to use them...... ICM

All tackle shop in Hatteras have great staffs that can cut down your learning curve.
    X 2 on Hatteras Jack's. Ryan will set you up right and he might be able to link you up with a local who can provide some hands on instruction. His dad and grand pap built me a couple rods back in the 90's. Both are sadly deceased now, but their rods are still in action and are among my most prized in a pretty big arsenal.
    Fishscalz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelliefish View Post
    Other than that all I can tell you is that the beaches from Corolla to SNH are slammed packed. If you want to surf fish between now and labor day, you're going to have to do the early mornings or late afternoon to evening. Other option is to drive to the very last beach access in SNH, Coquina Beach or find a spot on Hatteras Island (between the towns)
    That last is what I do in the summer when I go to Hatteras, it is usually not very crowded at all.

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements