New to kayaking and fishing need help

Thread: New to kayaking and fishing need help

Default New to kayaking and fishing need help

Im new to Bass fishing and kayaking, been trying different spots on falls lake. Have had some minor luck with
    soft plastic worms, any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. Have had times where fish are hitting the top of the water but cant get bites.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Im new to bass also. Go with someone who has been fishing for 50+ years. Watch videos on YouTube. Master the Carolina Rig on points and ledges. Master shallow fishing using jigs or spinner baits. Observe where others fish- back in creeks or out on points and learn patterns of bass movement. Slow down.

Those are the things that helped me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only thing I could tell you is fishing really early in the morning and beat them with top water baits or frog. After sun come out, yak fishing for bass at fall lake is really tough in summer time.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Falls has a lot of submerged roadbeds and bridges. The bridges are of course connected to roadbeds, and many reach from shallow water to the creek or river channels. The issue is many don't show up easily on the shoreline, and Navionics makes them pretty easy to find. Many of the bridges are are too deep, but the road beds are generally fishable, and productive with plastics, particularly Carolina Rigs.

You can look at the Navionics Web app online and the map for Falls is one of the best maps as far as I determine.

You can also see the channels very easily with this particular map.

https://webapp.navionics.com

Good luck,

Fishscalz

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements