OT: Black Mtn vs Carolina Hemlocks campground?

Thread: OT: Black Mtn vs Carolina Hemlocks campground?

Default OT: Black Mtn vs Carolina Hemlocks campground?

Which do you prefer?

probably taking the kid up this weekend to camp for a few nights, let her play in the river, do some exploring, driving around etc..

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Fishing is better upstream from Blk Mtn, but the kid stuff is better at Carolina Hemlocks.

Thanks D.
    I have fished upstream of BM before. You’ve confirmed my thoughts as far as keeping the kid entertained.
    I’m assuming there is some fishing to be had around Hemlocks? Smallmouth too maybe? Or is the tube hatch too prolific?
    afraid we are going to be dodging thunder boomers in any case. Looking for cool places further north which might not have as precarious of a forecast.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

There are smallmouth, and some nice ones even, but they're a tough, tough sell in that clear water.

K
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylar View Post
    There are smallmouth, and some nice ones even, but they're a tough, tough sell in that clear water.
    maybe we will get the right amount of rain to color it up a bit without blowing it out....thinking positive.

Just a follow up for anyone else interested:
    Hemlocks was full when we got there around 4pm. So went drove up to BM. Glad we did. It (IMO) was a much nicer facility. Yes, the tubing for kids was probably better at CH, but BM was very nice as a campground. Kid was still able to play on a tube in the river a little downstream of the campground, and I even managed a few small rainbows from around the swimming hole.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements