Where Are The Keepers?

Thread: Where Are The Keepers?

Default Where Are The Keepers?

Made it to the ramp just before sun up. The only one there was a fox that acted like he wanted to go fishing with us. Had to throw rocks at him to get him to go away.
    Caught a lot of fish. Lost count in the 30's on the flounder, in the 20's on the trout and about 7 or 8 drum. Everything was short except 1 nice 20" flounder! Lost another one that was pulling some pretty good drag before coming loose.
    Around 60 fish and only one keeper! At least we were catching!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	017.jpg‎
Views:	282
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	195095

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Nice one!!! I hate to hear they plan to close the season unsure if this will help as I think recreational fishermen do not hurt the resources that much. Hard to find keepers in most species now and I think a lot of small fish released do not survive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angler Member
    Kayak Angler

Quote Originally Posted by JFH270 View Post
    Nice one!!! I hate to hear they plan to close the season unsure if this will help as I think recreational fishermen do not hurt the resources that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NC has a statutory requirement to end overfishing within a given time-frame when that species is determined overfished. Southern flounder has been declining for decades. This closure was needed to allow time for a more finely-tuned management plan to achieve the ultimate goal of a sustainable fishery by increasing spawning stock. Makes no difference how or by whom the fish is removed hence the closure.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    satguy likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements