NC Angler Forums banner

Looking for info on the 3 sisters area

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  The Mad Duck 
#1 ·
Hello. I was wondering if anyone can help me find out some information on put ins/take outs close to the 3 sisters area? (roanoke/cashie rivers) Mostly just for scenic kayaking, but may wet a line to see if anything is biting. Any advice helps. GPS coordinates on the 3 sisters area would be great!

Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
Honestly, that would be a LONG paddle from any ramp that I know of. You could put in on the Cashie and paddle to the thoroughfare and up the Roanoke to Broad creek to get there or put in at Plymouth which is just below the thoroughfare and paddle up,or, put in in Jamesville and paddle downstream to Cut Cypress creek to the 3 Sisters area. None of these are short or easy routes. Long paddles and in most cases,against the current of the Roanoke. I know of no private put ins to use either.
I have fished up there and there are some monster Bream up there,but the mosquitos will take them away from you. Pack a sidearm too. Lots of Mr No shoulders up there as well. There is a nice camping platform on the middle prong

#6 ·
If there isn't a close put in near 3 sisters, anything in the general area will suffice. A guy I work with and his wife dont fish, but enjoy the scenic part of kayaking. Gives me motivation to get outta the house in the blazing heat. I heard 3 sisters area is great for that. Thanks for all the advice so far!

#10 ·
I would have to Google earth the distance,but from SanSouci to 3 sisters in a motor boat, doing 25 mph, its a good 35-45 minute ride, so my guess is close to 10 miles and thats against the current of the Roanoke for 3-4 miles. Again, I'm guessing on the mileage,but I expect thats fairly close

#13 ·
Well, If you camped at one of the platforms and stayed overnight,then paddled home the next day, It wouldn't be too bad. You would have the current at your back on the way home. You would have to make a reservation to use a platform though.
https://www.roanokeriverpartners.org
You could go to Edenton and put in downtown and paddle up Pembroke creek. Thats a nice paddle and the fishing in that creek is pretty good on most days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.