Questions about the Ivy and Laurel

Thread: Questions about the Ivy and Laurel

Default Questions about the Ivy and Laurel

Spending the entire next week in Ashevegas. Plan on fishing as much as possible. Looking to get a grand slam of Browns, Bows, Natives and Smallmouth.

For smallies, Im thinking of hitting up the Big Laurel and Big Ivy.

A few questions.
    Only seen the Ivy from the car along the main highway. Hows access downstream? Looks like theres a dam upstream? Any smallies upstream from there in the hatchery water?

For the Laurel, Ive kayaked the entire thing, but never fished it.
    Would it be worth hiking to from stackhouse? Or should I just fish down from the bridge? I doubt Id fish the entire length from the top...just curious how to best use my time. Want to save my currently out of shape legs for hiking to a Brookie spot Ive got in mind. Same one from my profile pics. 😎

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Man this place is slow.
    I can now answer my own question re: the ivy. Access is basically zero other than at the bridge at the FB.
    Heading to the BL in 5.

Went to my brookie stream off off the parkway yesterday. Thought I was early, but ran into at least 2 other anglers.so I was fishing behind people he entire time. I did manage one baby brook trout, so my quest for the slam is still in play. Not much fishable water on that stream. The parkway was nuts yesterday....shocking I know considering the weekend/weather. I wont be heading back to Pisgah until the week day.

Drove up to the Big Laurel yesterday. It was slammed as well. Fishing was slow. I did manage to catch 1 smallie on a blue popper.

The quest for for the grand slam continues.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements