Lake mackintosh - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lake mackintosh

Blog Entries

Default Lake mackintosh

Quote Originally Posted by grandpaa View Post
    First I can say,I understand what everyone is saying! But I have a one fix that fits all!!The days of 3,4,5 creel fish!! Should end!! Make it ten times better!!! Separate the men from the boys!! A one fish!! Yes one fish!!! That will bring winner's with in Oz's of each other!! Doing this way, will make 10xs a better Fisher men out of everyone!! In doing that will draw more people into it!! To me that's a true Bass tournament!! Think about it??? Everybody walks a way happy!!
    Youíre suggesting catching only ONE fish and when you have the one, thatís it?

Nah...wouldnít be interested in that. Promotes a lucky catch versus skill in catching more average solid fish.

Tourneys used to have 10 and 15 fish limits. That was overkill in my opinion and I think 5 is a good number. I think the best practice for any tournament is to ensure that all boats competing have a good and appropriate live well. A little air pump in a cooler isnít near enough to support fish the size of bass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Red X Angler // Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that is not fish they are after - Thoreau

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

No,if u catch a small one!! Keep fishing, when u catch a bigger one creel it out,put it back in the water safe so it can grow!! But only turn in the biggest one u caught!! Understand
    Faith and prayers are strongest things in life we have!!!!!!!!!!!

Think about it!!! To Winn u have to fish hard!! To catch a winning bass!! So u can creel out as you catch bigger bass! But only turn in one!! Crappie tournaments did do that at one time!! But these tournaments people show up for!!!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

Itís ok. I still like the 5 fish limit tourneys when operated with standards. These limits allow for skilled anglers to build on catches and try to use a good pattern to work for them for a victory.

That said, there are a few tourneys that have a big fish per hour weigh in. You keep no more than three in the livewell and weigh no more than one per hour throughout the duration of the tourney.

Those are pretty fun, adds to the strategy and adds to which of the ads and at what time the angler will choose to weigh them.

Iím not a fan of one fish per complete tourney, though.

Iím going to add that it seems the problem now
    is centered around smaller lakes, lakes that canít support the modern bass boats with modern livewell technologies. Small boats often lack in decent livewells and the owners, in an attempt to keep the fish alive, adapt coolers systems and such to make a good hearted attempt at keeping the fish released alive.

Because the larger boats canít get on the waters, or are frowned upon, there could be a higher mortality rate seen at the ramps.

In my opinion, those fish SHOULD be collected by the tourney organizers and used as food for someone, whether charity or not, but not wasted.

I would also add that the tourneys I compete in really have no higher a rate of bass mortality than those of non tourney anglers, in which case many are kept to be eaten (and thatís ok with me as long as they are legally caught) or gut hooked bass from live bait usage.

The tourneys I am part of require artificial baits to be used, lessening the chance of swallowed hooks. Notice, I didnít say eliminating the chance. It still happens. Responsible harvest of those fish should be taken in those rare cases.

Red X Angler // Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that is not fish they are after - Thoreau

My grandfather spoke with me many times about the old days of Bass tournaments.

He often spoke about tournament fishing back in the late 40's-early 70's when he fished in Bass tournaments, one fish, biggest fish, winner take all in the early years. These were local contests, no overnight travel.

As things progressed, live bait was banned, trolling was banned, and Bass tournaments became artificial only.
    He always felt any legal means of fishing should be allowed, which is neither here nor there.

The same folks that won the one fish, biggest fish, winner take all won when multiple fish became the norm for the tally, for a while.

According to him and his fishing friends, this changed only when big waters became the predominant places on the tourney trail, spread throughout the country, and large expensive boat and sponsorship (or individual wealth) were almost required to participate. The rising cost of participation eliminated the old guard from the events in many cases. I can't imagine what he would say about the entry fees in some current Bass tournaments.

The only benefit he saw over the early days was that multiple finish positions received payout, where as in the old days, only one spot paid.

The problem is there's too many different bass clubs that bass fish!! When you got a lot of clubs doing that bass fishing it slowly kills out the Bass lake!! The smaller lakes bike McIntosh Randolph they can't support all these bass fisherman going out there!! I've been to randleman lake and I know there has been a tournament everyday on that lake!! And these bass fisherman don't give a **** if you sitting in a slip fixing to pull out!! I've had it happen to me I'm parked in handicap over on randleman lake a guy runs up past me and pulls inslip that I had my boat sitting in!! And he bumped my boat doing it!! In a hurry just to make weigh in!! But everyone needs to remember there is more than one fishing club out there that running bass tournament!! Sorry guys but the truth really hurts!!

Blog Entries

One bass Fisher is not another. All bass anglers arenít as you describe. 99.9% of bass anglers are good and decent people who are conscientious of the fishery of for no other reason, so it is there for more tourneys in the future, but most really enjoy fishing.

In life, there is always ďthat one in a hundredĒ that do stupid and selfish things. Itís not limited to bass tournament guys.

I could list a bunch of examples of non tourney guys, kayakers, skiers, truck drivers, car drivers, shoppers, etc, where ďthat one in a hundredĒ shows up.

The great majority if anyone is just trying to do the best they can. That includes guys that compete in bass tournaments. All shouldnít be judged by the actions of a couple.

Default Road Runner

Quote Originally Posted by grandpaa View Post
    Ment to tell u!! I cought I don't know !! How many big slabs of crappy I cought!! I was using gulp 2.5 minnow's!!! Got them at Walmart!! I hooked them to Whit's road runner!! I was casting them !! Fish showed up at 15 to14 foot deep!! I cast out and counted it down!! What a great day!! Extra happy no more tournament!! On this lake this year!!!!!!
    What size Road Runner were you using?

I think it was not for sure!! I'll get back to you!! I do catch n release!! I don't keep any anymore!! My wife changed,no longer likes fish!!Fish is brain food!!!!

I've got to go some more this week!! I'll check and see size!! They come in a big pack!! Taking today off!! I've spine damage!! Doctor's told me to stop doing stuff!! I said no to fishing!! 1 or 2 times not asking for that munch!

Roadrunner jegs I use1/8 , 3/16 when do crappie are finicky I dropped down to a 3/16 jig head!! They start biting!! But I like white!! But I have all colors of roadrunner!! And I carry both sizes in all colors!! Depends on water color!! Black chartreuse bread and pink but I like the white

14. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12