Jordan Lake Bass feeding but not biting

Thread: Jordan Lake Bass feeding but not biting

Default Jordan Lake Bass feeding but not biting

So I was fishing at Jordan Lake this morning and as I was cruising by some flooded timber I noticed a lot of action on top. Put my trolling motor down and cruised over and there were bass feeding like crazy. They were all Around me feeding on Shad and breaking the surface. I threw everything I had. Flutter spoon, rebel pop r, many rattle trap, Zara spook. I finally put on a soft plastic imitation shed and that didn’t work either. The feeding frenzy lasted for about an hour and a half with not one bite. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I don’t know maybe a weightless fluke or one of my go to baits, a prerigged worm. The kind with 3 hooks. Those always seem to catch fish.
    ~JOE~
    Solo Dei Gloria

Match the bait size, and vary your retrieve speed. They may have been feeding on 2" shad. Also were you sure they were bass? Might have been perch or white bass.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Few years ago Guffy and I saw bass at HPCL ripping shad like crazy. But all they wanted was a worm. Nothing shad like would work.
    https://www.ncangler.com/forums/thre...-Jerry-Condrey

Thanks for the replies. I suppose some could have been pearch or white bass but there were definitely bass in there. Some came out of the water they were feeding so hard. I’ll try down sizing and see what happens.

Could have been schools of small white perch and small white bass. Usually see them like that about this time of year. Schooling largemouth at Jordan usually dont stay up for long.
    Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

Well maybe I will bring my ultralight and see if I catch any. I’ve never fished for white perch before. Well they hit my normal crappie gear?

Probably a small crappie jig. They usually hit the feathered hook on my popper if I get around them.
    Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

Rig you up a spinning rod with 8 # line and rig a tandem grub rig with a 3 inch grub on top and a 2 inch as the dropper. Have at em !

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements