Freshwater Help finding a fish finder with lake mapping

Thread: Help finding a fish finder with lake mapping

Default Help finding a fish finder with lake mapping

I'm new to boating on Lake Norman and new to buying electronics. My wife likes to do a little fishing and I'd like not to get lost on the lake. Weeding thru all the fish finders is driving me crazy. Can someone suggest a simple fish finder that has lake mapping and a screen bigger than 3 inches? I see some have waypoints but don't say that this feature will navigate me back to where I launched.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

How much are you looking to spend? What you need to be looking for is a Fishfinder/ GPS combo unit. Some units come preloaded with topo maps (Lowrance Insight, Humminbird Lake Master ect) most other GPS units will have a slot for an SD card into which you can insert a Navionics map chip.
    Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

I was hoping to stay around $300. It gets confusing when they speak of charting, waypoints etc. I'm thinking that with waypoints if i can mark a spot when I launch then I'd be able to then navigate back to it. But I would like a real map to look at for marinas restuarants and gas station etc.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Lowrance Hook 2 5 or larger

Lowrance HDS maps every move you make. Excellent options on how you see the chart. Game changer for me and my wife doesn't freak out when I night fish. Your boat shows up as an icon so get in the middle of the lake and follow the chart.

I've got HDS9 fore and aft and they are plenty big. I dont need my reading glasses.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements