Gift ideas for 8 year old boy

Thread: Gift ideas for 8 year old boy

Default Gift ideas for 8 year old boy

Iím looking for a Birthday gift idea for an 8 year old grandson who loves fishing. Ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

A good multitool (Pliers, knife, screwdrivers ect). I have one I got when I was about 10 and still carrying it to this day.
    Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

Thatís a great idea. Thanks

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

A Swiss Army Knife - lots of variations at lots of prices. Stainless steel construction and well made, but won’t break the bank. You can always select some tackle for the type of fishing he does. OH

About the same age my granddad gave me a case tri blade pocket knife

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Red X Angler - When we catch and release we don't want to eat it, we just want to make it late for something.

A nice (light) tackle box in his favorite color, if he doesn't already have one.

Another option would be one of those waterproof 'action' video cameras. Kids these days love YouTube and making videos, and he could make videos of his fishing trips. Cheaper ones can be had for about $50 on Amazon. That is of course, if you want to start that trend with him, haha...

Spinning rod and reel combo with a weighted practice dummy fish or lure with hooks removed (I taught my then-6 year old using a lead head jig/grub with the hook clipped off) and a few lessons on casting. The push button spin casting reels marketed for kids are good for introduction but they really don't cast far and aren't very useful long-term. I found it to be a great investment; he got his first kayak this summer and he's already casting jerk baits for trout and reds from an anchored kayak using his spinning outfit.
    - Sam
    "Things are only impossible until they're not!"

Flyrod and a fly tying kit... he will have all the flies he can use for the rest of his life. The hobby just grows on you...
    Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements