Fort Fisher Basin September - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fort Fisher Basin September

It is to fare out for me to pick a date, what i meant was if I am in town during ether dates I will be there.
    Bob
    Red X Angler/ Jackson Cuda 12' kayak

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Quote Originally Posted by plowboy0051 View Post
    It is to fare out for me to pick a date, what i meant was if I am in town during ether dates I will be there.
    Hope it works out you can make it Bob. Also really want Len to make it as well, I think he will love fishing the Basin
    Old Coot Red X Angler with a in my dreams only Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Hoping for a morning like this for the get together. The afternoon return to the launch was definitely no fun especially for Linda. Winds coming straight from the launch gusting around 17 mph with waves splashing over the bow and to shallow for mirage drive. I made the mistake of giving Linda half a paddle but she was a trooper and never gave up and paddled over half way of the Basin to the launch, not easy in PA 12 I can assure you.

Attached Images Attached Images
    h2ohhh, plowboy0051, and Wellred like this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It looks like I am booked those two weekends.... Can do weekend after.
    After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Looks like just JoeTrain, myself and possibly Plowboy at this time. Letís hope the weather is kayak doable for either weekend.

If its the 14th I'll go. Sept 7th in the bow season opener, cant miss that.
    GreyGhost likes this.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Quote Originally Posted by NCfishingKing View Post
    If its the 14th I'll go. Sept 7th in the bow season opener, cant miss that.
    Will look at the weather forecast for both dates and see if we can make it work for you.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

If anyone hasnít fished Fort Fisher Basin and back beyond Zekes Island I will be glad to fill you in on what to expect or at least my personal knowledge of kayak fishing there.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    If anyone hasn’t fished Fort Fisher Basin and back beyond Zekes Island I will be glad to fill you in on what to expect or at least my personal knowledge of kayak fishing there.
    I have never been, please school me. Its not rough sea's is it?

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Quote Originally Posted by NCfishingKing View Post
    I have never been, please school me. Its not rough sea's is it?
    The Basin is separated form the Cape Fear River by a civil war era rock wall and the beach on the other side. Very shallow and at low tide water can be as low as a foot or less. If you venture back beyond Zekes Island there is a marked channel close to the wall that holds some deeper water. The wind direction and how hard it is blowing can make some pretty decent waves in the Basin but if that is predicted I wonít recommend on going. If you venture back beyond Zekes Island and go exploring the channels in the grass areas donít be caught in there in low tide. If you are the exploring type of person like me a gps can be your friend when you look around and everything looks the same when you are ready to return to the launch ramp. I personally love the Fort Fisher area for kayaking fishing.

I take plenty of water, sunscreen and snacks and a rain jacket just in case a pop up rain hits being you are at the coast. I Hope this helps and inspires you to come and fish and explore a new area.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    The Basin is separated form the Cape Fear River by a civil war era rock wall and the beach on the other side. Very shallow and at low tide water can be as low as a foot or less. If you venture back beyond Zekes Island there is a marked channel close to the wall that holds some deeper water. The wind direction and how hard it is blowing can make some pretty decent waves in the Basin but if that is predicted I won’t recommend on going. If you venture back beyond Zekes Island and go exploring the channels in the grass areas don’t be caught in there in low tide. If you are the exploring type of person like me a gps can be your friend when you look around and everything looks the same when you are ready to return to the launch ramp. I personally love the Fort Fisher area for kayaking fishing.

I take plenty of water, sunscreen and snacks and a rain jacket just in case a pop up rain hits being you are at the coast. I Hope this helps and inspires you to come and fish and explore a new area.
    Thanks for the info! I plan to go if its on the 14th and the weather is favorable.

I’m still in for either date. Looking forward to it.
    ~JOE~
    GreyGhost likes this.

Solo Dei Gloria

Iím a maybe on this trip. Iíd love to commit but it may be a last minute thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GreyGhost likes this.

H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

I'm up for a meet and fish on those dates, keep me in the loop. PM me if you would. I live in the area and have fished there a lot over the past 15 years, sadly the netters have taken their toll. I haven't caught many fish in the past year or so. They have really wiped the place out. I always love to check out the other wildlife though. Love the Fort. Chers, Darrell
    GreyGhost, and h2ohhh like this.

Hobie Pro Angler 14
    Ist Place Oak Island Classic Trout Division, 2nd place TCM Tournament Trout Division

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Quote Originally Posted by Wellred View Post
    I'm up for a meet and fish on those dates, keep me in the loop. PM me if you would. I live in the area and have fished there a lot over the past 15 years, sadly the netters have taken their toll. I haven't caught many fish in the past year or so. They have really wiped the place out. I always love to check out the other wildlife though. Love the Fort. Chers, Darrell
    There is places that hold fish Iím sure you are aware of that netting is about impossible. A bit of a risk getting stuck back in the grass areas if you really donít pay attention to the tide but usually produce. Here is a small red that I caught on out going tide and had to drag him out of the grass fast as well as myself.

Attached Images Attached Images
    h2ohhh, plowboy0051, and Wellred like this.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast