Calderwood trout tournament 8/24

Thread: Calderwood trout tournament 8/24

Default Calderwood trout tournament 8/24

Come on out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	C5C6E55A-5E48-4991-AF13-371C87D96051_1565547909857.jpeg‎
Views:	143
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	195385 Click image for larger version.

Name:	1B7BB080-68D5-4808-A244-1F9437A0C1D6_1565547922426.jpeg‎
Views:	88
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	195387

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'll come unless there's nuclear war or as astroid hits our planet....or I have an ingrown toenail....

Can we consider my kayak a boat?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I don't think that there's any rule about how big or small your boat is. The rules are up at the top of the page.

i'm trying to be there. hopefully i learned from the last one and will put something in the boat this time.

Boat, kayak, submarine, live bait, artificial lures etc. should be a good time it’s always fun at the weigh in. We should find out a lot about calderwoods trout population. Hopefully will see a big brown. You never know maybe a laker.
    bfishy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by inthebox30lbs View Post
    Boat, kayak, submarine, live bait, artificial lures etc. should be a good time it’s always fun at the weigh in. We should find out a lot about calderwoods trout population. Hopefully will see a big brown. You never know maybe a laker.
    Do they still put the occasional laker in the lake or would it just be a hold over from years past?

Quote Originally Posted by bfishy View Post
    Do they still put the occasional laker in the lake or would it just be a hold over from years past?
    They put some Lakers in Calderwood in 1998 and again in 2001. Lakers can live long and it's remotely possible there could be a few left, I don't think anybody has caught one anytime remotely recently. If any have survived, they won't be all that large, maybe 12 pounds or less. There isn't enough food in there to support the kind of size you'd see in Watauga Lake. I never caught a Laker in Calderwood. I trolled spoons ultra deep several times in the past decade and never got a strike. I can't recall catching a Rainbow or Brown beyond 50 feet deep. I tried 60-80 feet deep in the lower lake to no avail. I have a friend that caught a 5 pound Laker on a nightcrawler fishing deep near the dam but that was before 2010 as best as I can recall.
    bfishy likes this.

Boats hooked up and everything is loaded. Ill be there half awake ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope y'all have fun? I'm packing for Ocracoke next weekend. Hoping to get offshore and catch some large fish. Maybe I can make the next one.

If not maybe I'll see some of y'all in December at the Jocassee series.

Looking for to seeing how y'all do.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Another one is in the books. 5 boats showed up to fish on what ended up being a tough bite for everybody. Lack of generation and a ton of debris from storms and previous days heavy generation made keeping lines clean as tough as i have ever seen. Irregardless great weather and scenery helped ease the tough conditions. Big fish was a gorgeous brown that was close to 3.5lbs.

3 fish 
    1st. 5.54
    2nd 3.79
     3rd (2fish) 2.22

Look for another date in October for another get together. After all the interest coming into this new year the same die hard crew keeps showing hopefully we can add to the numbers of anglers for future tournaments.

14. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements