Hyco Report 8/10/2019

Thread: Hyco Report 8/10/2019

Default Hyco Report 8/10/2019

On the water Saturday 8/10/2019 1pm-8pm. Upper end, air temps low 90s, water temps upper 80s and a frustratingly above average level of inconsiderate boneheaded ski boats and jet skis, had 3 different boats (all wake setters) cross within 20' of my yak; even had one skier once he saw me after the boat passed acknowledged, apologized and waved and yelled at the driver "dude you're an a**", rant over. I'm used to the boats and in fact i think help to trigger the bite in certain areas - just a high level of ignorance today - and i'm always on my guard.

Fishing: Inconsistent but was able to grind it out, no more than one fish in any given spot, and no repeat bites on the same lure. No bites on a 5XD which was thrown a lot. The upper end of the lake is particularly shallow with the deepest area going 16' deep - target depth was on the main creek ledges and points around 12' depth. Brief run at a shallow cove/bank (fish 2 and 3)

Fish 1:main lake point on a swinging jig w/Rage Bug, typically the bass will school up here good in the summer afternoons, but to no avail(jigs, deep cranks, swim bait) - in fact the spot has been slow all summer. In 12' of water.

Fish 2: 1.5-2lb bass (pictured) under a dock on a small jig

Fish 3: bass: different jig shallow shaded bank

Fish 4: bass trolling a berkley bad shad in 12-15'

Fish 5: bass trolling a cotton cordell super spot in 12-15'

Fish 6: at dusk on whopper plopper after pulling the yak out - biggest of the day - nearing 3lbs.

Channel Cats: caught 3 in the 13-14" range while trolling mid level crankbaits

Crappie: My 3rd slab this summer - came on a steep ledge from 8-16' of water on a Keitech swimbait. He made the stringer at first but got lucky and no buddies bit after him so he was released. He went 12.5"

Plan to be back atleast once in Sept. and again in Oct.

-Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	bass.jpg‎
Views:	63
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	195409 Click image for larger version.

Name:	crappie.jpg‎
Views:	73
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	195411
    Bleedingblue, and rascals dad like this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'll ask. What is HYCO?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Hyco Lake - a reservoir NW of Roxboro, NC
    geneinnc likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements