High Rock Lake Help

Thread: High Rock Lake Help

Default High Rock Lake Help

Hello, wondering if I can get some tips on High Rock. Have fished there twice and can't seem to find any good spots. Can anyone offer some tips on this lake? I fished there once in the morning and caught two small ones, but couldn't seem to figure out any pattern. And then last evening/night we went and saw absolutely nothing. Tried a few points and some docks...didn't even see any surface activity. I don't expect anyone to give away their secret spots, but maybe just some general tips/areas. Unfortunately, being a dad of three small kids, I am not able to get out there and spend hours on the lake figuring it out...so it would be nice to have a little better idea of where to go/what to look for. Thanks for the help!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

What are you fishing for? Crappie might be a good start with the kids. My buddy wears them out on HRL fishing docks with brush, bridges and brush piles. Look up PR Fishing on youtube.
    Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilslure View Post
    What are you fishing for? Crappie might be a good start with the kids. My buddy wears them out on HRL fishing docks with brush, bridges and brush piles. Look up PR Fishing on youtube.
    LMB. If I have the kids with me, I do sometimes fish for perch but we mostly do large mouth. Thanks!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by clemsondds View Post
    LMB. If I have the kids with me, I do sometimes fish for perch but we mostly do large mouth. Thanks!
    In my experience at high rock those bass are shallow minded. Sometimes even in the heat of the summer they might be on the first poles under the dock in a foot of water, where the docks are positioned can be a factor aswell (main lake, mid creek, back of creek, shallow flat or deep ect ). I have also done well in the bushes if they have water in them. Shaded shorelines and under pontoon boats can also be productive.
    jerry condrey likes this.

Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

Honestly, I would plan ahead and hire a guide for a half day. You'll learn more in those few hours than you will likely figure out after months or years on your own. Wish I had any knowledge of High Rock, I'd help ya out.
    - Sam
    "Things are only impossible until they're not!"

Flat Swamp, Second Creek areas...Fish the S turns at Flat Swamp with a Carolina rigged speedcraw.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements