NC Angler Forums banner

Danny Case Record Going Down

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  SurfRider 
#1 ·
Okay maybe a little over zealous with NC record and hard to imagine a 4.5lber, but here is my bluegill (pretty sure it is at least) caught this evening. 12.1-5" inch range and wondering why I didn't weigh it, but I feel like at least 2.5lbs. It was at least 2" wide. Anyways it was a fun little fight and I've only seen cricket and cork sizes growing up. I could have done without the smell though...stinky rascal! Was at a Lake Hickory Oxford dam boat landing at the dock popping a metal wahoo jig.

Don't fish for records or anything, but would be cool to have one I reckon. I guess you would have to take a fish somewhere that has certified scales. What would you do if a place was closed until next morning? Put on a stringer maybe or in a bucket. Who would do that around Hickory?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Yep. Good shellcracker/stumpknocker.
Back in May, we were catching 17" shellcrackers during the spawn. It was a little surreal, having sunfish take drag on a 7 weight (couldn't keep them out of the hurricane debris with a 5 weight!).
12 inches is a nice one! I'd say our usual average is 8-10". NC record is near 5 pounds for shellcrackers...

Attachments

#14 ·
Don't want to burst your bubble, but it looks like a shellcracker to me. Not unusual to see them that big.
Always best to read the thread before posting... pretty sure that's been covered. Darn nice shellcrackers, boys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.