Freshwater Bass Fishing - Whopper Plopper

Thread: Freshwater Bass Fishing - Whopper Plopper

Default Freshwater Bass Fishing - Whopper Plopper

So one of the first hardbaits I picked up is this newer WhopperPlopper 90. What do you all think of it?
    Lots of people have said "Oh they're Great!" But wanted to ask the community. Has it lived up to the hype or did I just throw money down the drain. Any tips on how you have used it? Better colors than others?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

They are worth every penny. I have over 20 of them in various sizes, heck I even have mini poppers that I have made from the frog trailers that they make.

I have caught bass, bream, catfish, and tons of saltwater species with them.

~Michael

Good baits and proven fish catchers. They aren't magic and have a time/place to be most effective but fish definitely bite them.

Bone is a good all-around color choice. I think fishing them is all about finding the speed the fish want. I will say with the 90 size it is best to get them moving as soon as they hit the water (like a buzzbait) as they want to torpedo under the surface.
    Tight lines,
    Andrew

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

Love them...definitely a great top water. Can be fished on a steady retrieve or stop and go, like a popper. My favorite color is Monkey Butt...REALLY!
    Red X Angler // Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that is not fish they are after - Thoreau

Don't tell anyone, but redfish, speckled trout and stripers eat 'em too.

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements