Inshore Gull problems with topwater

Thread: Gull problems with topwater

Default Gull problems with topwater

The last two weekends Iíve had a problem with aggressive gulls going after my spook jrs. ruining every casts by picking them up for about 20 ft and then dropping them. Last Sat I finally actually caught one that I had to wrestle in the boat, finally holding him in a towel while I got the treble hook out of his leg. It kind of ruined the morning serenity.
    Going to try again tomorrow and wondering if you guys have any tips to avoid? Dancing around on the front of the boat like a crazy man waving my rod around seems to just get them more excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    salpal likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Means your doing something right.
    The other day had an Osprey pick my topwater up , then drop it. A first for me ........ICM
    salpal likes this.

My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her .... or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ice cream man View Post
    Means your doing something right.
    The other day had an Osprey pick my topwater up , then drop it. A first for me ........ICM
    That would have been interesting!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've hooked gulls, pelicans, even gators, but never an osprey (thank goodness). About all you can do when the gulls start swarming is switch to a subsurface bait. They've been really thick and aggressive the past few days on the New River with this cold front. The bait looks like it's concentrating & it won't be long before it starts moving out to the inlets.

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements