Swede looking for tips!

Thread: Swede looking for tips!

Default Swede looking for tips!

Hi guys!

My girlfriend livs and works in Raleigh again this fall and i will of course visit.
    I will spend about a 7-10 days in Raleigh and will likely get time to fish.
    Will probably arrive late October/early November, how is the fishing around that time of year?
    As i don't know the area i would love any suggestions for where i could catch some decent bass/catfish from the bank or perhaps rent a boat at a decent rate!
    Tips about baits for the fishing that time of year is also largely apreciated!

Best regards
    Victor from Sweden

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

That will be a great time of year to fish as long we don't have any hurricanes forecasted to hit. It is the best time of year to fish at the coast.

Keep checking in for updates around that time.
    "What we do in life, echoes in eternity." - Gladiator

Fall's lake is a GREAT spot to catfish off the banks. I try and find a point and set up there- somewhere close to the old river channel so I can cast deep if needed. Shrimp always has been good bait but if you want size over numbers- cut bait is much better. You can net some shad under the bridges or at the boat ramps after dark.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Unfortunately I wont be near the coast. Hoping to do some freshwater fishing around raleigh, then havea week in florida to do some saltwater fishing
    SurfRider likes this.

Thanks that's definetely somethig i should check out. Have never caught a cat before so anything would be great just catching something, but a big fish wouldn't hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Vicko View Post
    Unfortunately I wont be near the coast. Hoping to do some freshwater fishing around raleigh, then havea week in florida to do some saltwater fishing
    What part of Florida, out of curiosity?
    - Sam
    "Things are only impossible until they're not!"

Havn't booked it yet, but probably going to be around miami/ fort lauderdale. Going to book a day on some charter then do some beach fishing hopefully. One day in the everglades is also on the schedule so that's going to be awesome.

If you're going to that part of Florida and if you have never fished Lake Okeechobee before I would really strongly suggest it. I don't remember what guide service he was with but there is a local guide with the first name of Bucky who provided my son and I an unbelievable trip. 38 LMB in 2 hours of fishing!
    4acres likes this.

Have watched a lot of videos from Lake Okeechobee, would love to go but have limite dtime and will be further south.
    My plans are to do mostly saltwater fishing in Florida and some bass fishing while in Raleigh.
    But might hit up some spots with peacock bass, or perhaps some spots that might hold bass.
    Not to disrespect bass, but I fish a lot of perch and pike at home which is rather similar to bass fishing I imagine.
    Hoping to catch as many new species as i can while I'm in th states.

Hope you have a good trip whatever you fish for. I have fished several countries in Europe. Always had a good time and enjoyed meeting new people and learning new techniques.

Going to be a good trip no matter what. But stoked to get on some new fish, caught quite a few perch and piek in my life but only one bass so far!
    Will be staying on north beach in Miami, looks to be a good amount of fishing opertunities near by.
    Unsure what tackle to bring, but will have to go through the boxes.

14. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements