Flounder Poachers
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flounder Poachers

Default Flounder Poachers

It is really disturbing to see how many people on all the Facebook fishing pages that say they will continue to keep flounder. It's not just one or two, it's like most all of them. Some even say they are not going to buy any more fishing license either but will continue to fish. All I can say is that if you are one of them I hope you get caught! All of these fish will be a lot bigger next year when the season opens back up so it's like stealing from all of us honest fisherman!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

While you are right about the poaching, its wishful thinking that the fish will be alot bigger.....this is all political, nothing more.
    jerry condrey likes this.

I think their bark is worse than their bite. But yeah that attitude ticks me off.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    blueoceaneyez likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Default Flounder Poachers

I won't be doing it but in a way it might send a message to fisheries management to stop screwing over recreational fisherman. Why pay for a fishing license (when the money is supposed to be used for management) if they aren't going to manage the fish correctly. What is all our money doing??

Quote Originally Posted by roostertail24 View Post
    I think their bark is worse than their bite.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It is for sure from the crowd that has to trailer about down from the middle of the state and use a public ramp.... but if you can walk to the end of the dock and back up to the house ...
    Feetup1, and MBX like this.

Angler Member
    Kayak Angler

Captains Club
    Kayak Angler
    Blog Entries

Its the internet, lots of big muscles....

That said, doubt the closure makes anything bigger. In fact, the commercial season being open when it is will only catch all of the big females as they leave the ocean. The only people stealing from all of us are the political powers that approved this closure!

Isn't the pound netting closed when they should be moving through the inlets?.. I may have misread it

Captains Club
    Kayak Angler
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shoaldonkey View Post
    Isn't the pound netting closed when they should be moving through the inlets?.. I may have misread it
    Opens Sept 15th North of Pamlico Sound and Oct 1 everywhere else. Right smack in the middle of peak migration season, once again showing favoritism to the commercial man.

But the rec side has caught over their quota already......per the idiots that are in charge. With NO data to justify the claim.
    Feetup1, jerry condrey, and Mr. Wizard like this.

People pay no attention to rules. Enforcement will be spotty. WRC now checking hunters so private pay to launch ramps will rarely be checked. Not much to conclude here. Fish on.

I understand the closure and the anger form recs and comms . I think it should be across the board open and close at the same time not separated.

...that's not likely to happen as long as professional (paid) lobbyists exists. Although I have no inside knowledge how it works, special interests groups (commercial fisherman in this case) hire them to sway state congressmen and women to vote in their favor. So fellow recreational fisherman, write your representative. What good does it do to gripe here if you're not going to make your voice heard in Raleigh? Just my $.02. One doesn't have to be eloquent to make their voice heard.
    Riparoo, and Wellred like this.

Please Don't block the ramp or the dock. My pontoon and crew cab require a wide berth.
    Dave, Teresa and Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Feetup1 View Post
    People pay no attention to rules. Enforcement will be spotty. WRC now checking hunters so private pay to launch ramps will rarely be checked. Not much to conclude here. Fish on.
    I respectfully disagree. A judge, state prosecutor or someone running for public office may cite your example as a lawless fisherman who needs to be sentenced to the full extent of the law, when the game warden ultimately does catch you.
    Please Don't block the ramp or the dock. My pontoon and crew cab require a wide berth.
    Dave, Teresa and Greg

The catching, marketing black market is alive and well. The crabmeat false labels is just the tip of the iceberg. Have eaten fish caught illegally, and so have our corrupt legislatures, Im guessing. If you live down here you hear of it a lot.
    The Virginia dealer is still in business, and the N.C. dealer paid a fine and is still selling seafood. Of course closing these businesses would affect the local economy hurting individuals who were not involved. Were in between that rock and hard place.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast