Help with fishing the tides

Thread: Help with fishing the tides

Default Help with fishing the tides

Hello everyone, I'm planning on fishing in Swansboro this coming weekend (for reds, trout, flounder, I know, cant keep flounder, and I dont) and was wondering the best times to fish the tides? I'll be in a kayak. I'm usually a 1st thing in the morning and/or evening fisherman, but I gathered the best times to fish are based on the tides. Not looking for any honey holes, just advice on the tides

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Falling to low tide leaves little water for fish to swim in. Better chance to find a large concentration...... ICM

My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her .... or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ice cream man View Post
    Falling to low tide leaves little water for fish to swim in. Better chance to find a large concentration...... ICM
    What he said. There are some great marsh areas around Swansboro that will be holding fish. For flounder a good bet would be to work docks on the ICW on a falling tide. You may also try around Jones island. Disaster rock is on the NE side of the island and we have caught trout there on an outgoing tide.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I fish a lot of the same area and never let the tide decide if I'm going fishing, but rather WHERE I'm going fishing. If it's high, near the edges of the grass, sometimes even in the grass. Lower tides deeper holes, or close to them. I find the bite to be a bit slow near peak high or low, when the water is moving a lot slower. Best of luck. I'm also a first thing in the morning fella this time of year and throw the heck out of a topwater lure those first few hours.
    ice cream man, and salpal like this.

Is there any advantage to night fishing Friday night under a full moon?

My experience on that is on a full moon the bite is usually pretty good an hour each side of sunset. Then it gets quiet until the major bite time (looking at solar/lunar calendar) which is just after midnight this full moon.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements