I can’t decide

Thread: I can’t decide

Default I can’t decide

I’m struggling guys and need input to help with my indecisiveness. I’m going out Saturday morning. Can’t decide between ICW and the creeks off of it near the NRI or the lower White Oak (below Stella). What say you? Targeting the edible types.....except flounder of course...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

If I was going and looking for fish to eat, I’d go where I had the most confidence regardless of what Ricky the stranger on the internet said. If “edible” wasn’t a priority, I might consider getting outside of my comfort zone and trying something a bit u orthodox from what I’d normally do.
    Mr. Wizard likes this.

I think it might be a little early for the trout bite below Stella, but hard to tell. Those White Oak boys are about as tight lipped as they come. Pretty good reports from friends of mine about morning trout bite off the ICW and creeks from EI to NRI, but that amounts to third or fourth hand information by the time it gets to you. Not great numbers, but some very nice fish in the mix. Just remember that for the most part, September is a transition month around here. You can be hero or zero with equal probability, and that difference might be 50 yards or one hour in a tide or lunar cycle. Saturday is a big full moon setting early in the morning. I'd pay attention to those tables and work the early morning minor and afternoon major in likely areas where you see clean moving water and bait.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks Bmac. Laying in bed last night I decided on the ICW near NRI. Close to home. Had success there before. Yes, the WO is tough to get info on but I had a gentleman on here who lives on/near the white oak offer to hit that river with me and I’ve never taken him up on the offer. I’m not a very smart person....

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements