Caught my biggest one yet...

Thread: Caught my biggest one yet...

Default Caught my biggest one yet...

The pics show the damage, the story tells the tale. Short version is, I managed to get caught. Then as I was doing my PT (yes fishing can be physical therapy, and it must have worked I was hardly sore at all). Then the next day I caught the "other" big one. Prior to this one my biggest was about a week prior a 21 inch er.

The tale of two fishes...

Day 1, caught a striper on a doa shrimp. Pulled pretty good. The water on the pammy had about a 2 foot chop. My brother and I were determined to fish from the dock, or what's left after Dorian took half of it away. I caught a 18 inch trout, as I was bringing him in I realized I had forgotten my net. They are notorious for coming off right as I lift them out. I decided to try it anyway. I brought the fish over the dock and sure enough it flopped off. I saw it happening and went to catch it and as I did the gold spoon you see in the picture ricocheted into my hand. I managed to save the fish though, dragging the rod along. Put the fish in the cooler at the house. My brother unhooked my from my rod. We then began to start the surgery. At this point, only a few minutes from being caught I really had no pain. He said he was gonna cut the two embedded hooks with some cutters, I says to heim no way. I am catching fish with it. He took the lure into his hand and began using a utility knife and cutting the hook out of the pinky finger one. Things started waking up by now. He got a bowl of ice water. He was contemplating on where an urgent care or er was to get the hooks out. Then he said it... you know the words any ole redneck cannot ignore. You can't get that out by yourself. It was to me the same as a double dawg dare... I was soaking my hand as long as I could so it was kinda numb. I grabbed the lure and began to push and twist and the pinky hook popped free. The one in my hand that was buried up to the curve wasn't quite as easy. It took about 3-4 soakings to numb it enough but finally after wiggling and a jiggling it finally came out. No lure was harmed in the filming of this incident.

The 25+ inch trout you see in the picture, I was in the right place at the right time. I saw a shrimp jump out of the water skipped a few times and this big ole trout went for it and missed. The shrimp skipeed again and the ole trout nailed it. About this time I was retrieving a crank bait (one I had gotten from the Bass Pro bargain bin). The fish hit it hard, it was on for about a second. I jiggled the lure again and he nailed it again harder... He took off on a run but I had him, and WITH A NET I was able to bring the ole trout in. He was good eating I might add...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	caught red handed.jpg‎
Views:	179
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	195731 Click image for larger version.

Name:	smile your on candid camera.jpg‎
Views:	183
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	195733 Click image for larger version.

Name:	25 inch trout.jpg‎
Views:	194
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	195735

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Ouch! I think there's a spot for you on the Redneck Olympic team. Congrats on the nice fish. Keep an eye on those wounds. There can be some nasty critters in that water.

Thanks, The wound is healing nicely. Had to mix in a little deer blood today to get well quicker.
    bmac, and Feetup1 like this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements