Inshore Pettiford Creek (White Oak River)

Thread: Pettiford Creek (White Oak River)

Default Pettiford Creek (White Oak River)

Just wondering if anyone had ever fished Pettiford Creek. Planning to be down at the beach in a few weeks and have never fished it. Thanks for any info.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by outcast19v View Post
    Just wondering if anyone had ever fished Pettiford Creek. Planning to be down at the beach in a few weeks and have never fished it. Thanks for any info.
    A little too early..........

Still too early for trout?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by outcast19v View Post
    Still too early for trout?

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they are still up farther this time of year. Anyone have info about the movement Id appreciate it.

Not sure why your asking if its still to early for trout, there are sooooo many people raving about the trout bite for the last two months. I can go right this minute and limit out at the Neuse river, or Edisto or Beufort.

I had originally asked if anyone had fished this creek or had info on it. All I got was a response that said it was too early. I have been catching trout myself but was wondering about that location as I have never fished it

I've fished the White Oak plenty but not Pettiford Creek. It seems like there should be trout there. My limited experience is (1) the trout move up river to the deeper sections as it gets colder and (2) the netters take full advantage of that fact, so trout fishing falls off very quickly on the WO after about mid-December. The netters might not go into Pettiford Creek, but if not, that probably means there aren't a bunch of trout there.

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements