Yadkin River - Lewisville area - 9-21-19

Thread: Yadkin River - Lewisville area - 9-21-19

Default Yadkin River - Lewisville area - 9-21-19

Water was down and clear and that means it's buzz bait time. Tied on a very small white buzz bait and never had to tie anything else on. Even had some stalkers that hit right beside the boat. Wound up with a mixed bag of LM, SM, and spots. No size to them today but it's always fun to catch em on top. Anyone could do this on pretty much any section of this river right now as long as the water clarity holds out.
    badankles, and jerry condrey like this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I don't know if I have ever thought about the words 'Yadkin' and 'clear' in the same universe, let alone paragraph. Sounds like fun, though! Thanks for the report!
    finstalker likes this.

- Sam
    "Things are only impossible until they're not!"

Yeah it doesn't happen very often. Too thick to drink, too thin to plow is my standard description. It can't be an easy life for any fish in there under the usual muddy circumstances so I always let em' go except for smaller eatin' size channel cats and the occasional crappie. I just hate fishing muddy water. I guess fish could be caught with enough patience during muddy periods on this river I just don't have the patience for it. But the fact is I've caught some sizeable bass out of this river under decent water conditions, and they didn't get that big by waiting for more favorable water conditions like me. I guess crawdads must be the main forage and they rely more on scent and lateral line.
    jerry condrey likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by stripes View Post
    Yeah it doesn't happen very often. Too thick to drink, too thin to plow is my standard description. It can't be an easy life for any fish in there under the usual muddy circumstances so I always let em' go except for smaller eatin' size channel cats and the occasional crappie. I just hate fishing muddy water. I guess fish could be caught with enough patience during muddy periods on this river I just don't have the patience for it. But the fact is I've caught some sizeable bass out of this river under decent water conditions, and they didn't get that big by waiting for more favorable water conditions like me. I guess crawdads must be the main forage and they rely more on scent and lateral line.
    Makes sense... I am with you, something about very muddy water demotivates me on some visceral level. Nice that it got somewhat clear for ya!

- Sam
    "Things are only impossible until they're not!"

If you don’t mind me asking where in Lewisville do you typically go to access the river? I really want to dedicate some time to fishing out there especially for smallmouth. I’m in Winston now so it isn’t too far of a drive.

I didnt think that Smallmouth were found that far down in the Yadkin River. My understanding was you had to be a good many miles upstream to get into the Smallmouths. I may have to look into that stretch of river. Its not too far from me.

Yea, its clear up here at the low water bridge in Rockford. I've caught some smallies there up to 1.5 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Magfluker View Post
    Yea, its clear up here at the low water bridge in Rockford. I've caught some smallies there up to 1.5 pounds.
    I thought that bridge was gone?, replaced by a high bridge?
    After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

I've only lived here for 2.5 years but I've only heard it as called the low water bridge at Rockford

Yeah, there was a low water bridge there, but it was replaced about 15 years ago.... I was wondering if I was mistaken, since I floated down to Rockford, and it was a normal highway bridge, then I realized my guide book was old.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockford,_North_Carolina
    After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements