Early Morning/Night Beach Access on Bogue Banks

Thread: Early Morning/Night Beach Access on Bogue Banks

Default Early Morning/Night Beach Access on Bogue Banks

Wondering if anyone has experience getting beach access between sunset and dawn in Atlantic Beach, Pine Knoll Shores, Indian Beach/Salterpath, and/or Emerald Isle. I realize you can fish the piers all night long but I greatly prefer the beach.

I've checked around online and not really found much good information. In particular, I cannot figure out if there is any kind of legal framework that distinguishes CAMA access points from municipal ones, and if municipal ordinances apply to CAMA access points. PKS has a note up on their website that flatly states that beach access is dawn to dusk only. Atlantic Beach has a list of beach access sites up, with the CAMA points separated from the others, and a vague statement that talks about how parking fees apply to town-owned sites. Indian Beach has nothing.

Figure I may need to call around to some town halls eventually, but my work schedule can make that difficult and was wondering what others' experience might have been.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Aside from the CAMA accesses there a few beach accesses with parking and bath facilities. No fees after summer season is gone. They have posted hours for parking, such as no parking after 8 or 9. But I have parked many times at 5 or 6 in the morning before sunrise and never had any issues. Atlantic beach has a large parking lot and beach access and I've been there as early as 4am. You could probably stay there fairly late as well. For late night beach access you can always go to Bogue Inlet Pier and park in their lot and hoof your gear down to the beach, worth the effort. You can go down the beach and get a good distance away. Go buy a drink or snack from the pier if you like to say thanks for the parking.

You can always call the local PD depts. They're probably more in the know and willing g to work with you.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You might be able to park at the Circle and access the beach. Alternatively, you could ask the pier owners if you could park there and walk down to the beach. May charge a small parking fee.
    "What we do in life, echoes in eternity." - Gladiator

Bogue Pier lets or used to let beech goers park for a fee.

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements