NC Angler Forums banner

Federal Point 9/28

762 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bray 
#1 ·
Went to federal point in the solo skiff early sat morning. Put in just after daylight at rising tide, there were quite a few people out. Anyways I played around learning how to throw my cast net, got a few mullet and proceeded through the bays. Ended up catching some flounder, a 22 inch blue, small reds and a huge sheepshead. Everything was caught on a Z-man paddle tail. Small reds were caught in the narrow creeks behind buzzards bay.

Just a heads up for anyone who doesn't venture that direction very often. Usually I pass through the marsh to the river by the big tower and back around to the back of Bald Head island. Low tide is usually not an issue for me but this time it was. I guess the storm pushed up a sandbar across the river from one of the islands off the ICW to the marsh/grass. At higher tide I crossed it with out any issues, once the tide completely fell, it became dry sand.
I attached a picture of the GPS map of my way around through the marsh to buzzards bay. Just a heads up for anyone looking to venture out around low tide.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.